Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Body mounting holes in chassis
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  20:24:10  Show Profile
Does anyone know why a P-Type chassis might not have the two holes for the very front of the body iron mount holes - the two where there is an extra plate welded to the side of the curved angle iron ??

There is absolutely no evidence the holes were ever there in the place they should be when I hold up the body side irons.

I had the chassis sandblasted, and if they have been welded up, they have been well disguised, and I don't know why they would have been welded up anyway ??

I don't understand !!!

mgtommm

USA
506 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  20:38:50  Show Profile
Are you using the original body subframe rails or do you have a new body tub? The original subframes have plates that range up to 6" up front that I've seen, and the holes range from the front of these plates to the very rear. This means the holes could perhaps vary by about 5".

If you have a new body tub setting on the chassis frame, the holes may be off by that much. Now, if there are NO holes in the neighborhood, well, perhaps Clive missed them after a serious pub lunch??

tommm
Go to Top of Page

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  08:11:40  Show Profile
I'm using original side irons (as far as I can tell) and there are no holes anywhere in the vicinity !!

Must have been a friday afternoon chassis - with a very floppy body I suspect if not bolted down at the front !
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  16:00:26  Show Profile
Not originally a special body?

The Stiles has its own set of chassis holes!

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000