Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Fran Ernst
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chris baughan

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  21:04:23  Show Profile
I was very sad to hear form Fran's eldest son that Fran died today. Older members will remember the very original KN that Fran bought from it's second owner in the early fifties and took part in rallies and driving tests all over the country. He was an early member of the MMM Register (130 from memory) and a great help to me when I restored a J2 in the early 70's. From that time we drove thousands of miles to events from Hausach to Cheddar and Scotland and the KN never missed a beat. The KN was sold and Fran self built a bungalow on the farm for his retirement. He then discovered a J2 which he restored with meticulous care, greasing every thread, as he knew it would have to be undone again one day. A knowledgeable engineer with a gentle sense of humour. He will be sadly missed.
Chris Baughan.

David Allison

United Kingdom
665 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  19:20:16  Show Profile
Fran was without doubt one of those rare individuals - a gentleman!
Adieu mon ami mate! (apologies to M Hawthorn but the sentiment seemed appropriate).
David
Go to Top of Page

dade

United Kingdom
513 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2011 :  07:55:06  Show Profile
I too am very sad to hear of Fran's death.He lived very close to me and as you can imagine would call in on me driving his J2 and always being very enthusiastic about my attempts at restoring my PB.

I do remember him telling me that he really regretted selling his KN tourer and had a framed picture on his bedroom wall so that it was the first thing that he saw when he woke up in the morning.

A great friend and I am sure will be sadly missed by a lot of people.

Russ
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000