Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Oil coolers?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paul55

Luxembourg
731 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  17:56:38  Show Profile
Hello to everyone,

I have aquired a couple of what appear to be old oil coolers, I am only saying this as they have what appears to be a notch in the bottom to accept a starting handle. Are they pre war oil coolers, or am I just mixing things up....not for the first time!
Can anyone identify them, I intended to fit them to my K3 and Q replica's...are they correct?
Thanks and a Happy MG Christmas to all.
Paul.

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  18:50:12  Show Profile
though it is some time ago and I am not sure ... the picture looks like on that I had years ago that was from (I was told) a Wolseley Hornet Special ..... which was I guess a 6 cylinder OHC engine !

robin
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  21:22:30  Show Profile
I have one of these (or something very similar) lurking somewhere in my garage, and I too was told that it was from a Wolseley Hornet...which begs the question - if they were required on the basically similar Wolseley engine, why are they not more often seen on MGs?

Graham

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 21/12/2011 21:23:06
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  10:58:47  Show Profile

Attached are pictures of an oil cooler with a Tecalmite filter added. It is from a Wolseley Hornet. I acquired it when I was building M types as a way of adding a filter system.

Happy Christmas to everyone. Regards….Terry A
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  17:49:28  Show Profile
Hi Terry

Now that is neat!

But do our cars really require an oil cooler as in my experience my 2 blown 6 cylinder MGs never run too hot except in modern traffic jams where an electric fan comes to the rescue!

So why would an ohc Wolseley Hornet require one, perhaps it was necessary on those which carried heavy coach built bodies!

George
L2023/NA0960

Edited by - George Eagle on 22/12/2011 17:50:10
Go to Top of Page

Hornet

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  22:45:04  Show Profile
the first cooler is from a 33 hornet special the other cooler is from a 34 , the hornet special had a cooler but the saloons did not , strange as the saloon cars were much heavier .
Terry is your cooler for sale ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000