Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M TYPE QUERY
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

12TOY

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2011 :  20:36:06  Show Profile
I seek to locate whereabouts of an M type bought new by Harold Hastings, registration WL 9229. It had a light blue body and the spare was mounted on top of the boatail. Harold worked at 'The Light Car and Cyclecar' magazine and attended that first meeting to form the MG car club. He bought the MG new in March 1930 from Morris Garages after trading his 'camshaft' Morris Minor. Lots of competition and drove straight from London to John O'Groats in less than 24 hours. Help with chassis number please.

M & N

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2011 :  09:18:59  Show Profile
Hi

This registration number is known to have been issued to an M type but sadly I don't have a record of which chassis number it was issued to.

Sorry I can't assist further.

Regards

Robin Hamblett
MMM Registrar.

Go to Top of Page

12TOY

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  10:55:31  Show Profile
Has anyone a record of Harold Hastings who bought his 1930 M type from the factory in 1930. He did 32 000 miles in the Midget, and was a founding member of the MG Car Club UK

M & N
Go to Top of Page

12TOY

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  10:58:34  Show Profile
The M type in my query was registered WL 9229. I know Harold did many competitive events and I have pics of some of those. He fitted the spare on top of the boot lid.
12TOY

M & N
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  12:45:46  Show Profile
I'm sure Mike Dalby knows! He does visit this forum, just not as regularly as you might want him to, but I'm sure he'll pop in with the answer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000