Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2-4404/AXE105
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fivestar

Philippines
33 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  11:59:35  Show Profile
In 1970 I owned a J2 reg AXE105, which subsequently was rebuilt in cycle wing form and went to Australia. Out of curiosity I went to the DVLA site and note that the reg number is currently licensed, although I was under the impression J-4404 was still in Australia.
Can anybody put the record straight.
I attach a photo of when I owned it.
rgds - MGh

Gideon

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  14:15:20  Show Profile
Good day Fivestar,

Whilst I know not whether J4404 remains in Austrlia or not, unfortunately you cannot assume by the current registration of AXE105, that your car has returned to the UK. The plate could easily have been transferred prior to export / reallocated after a period on retention..... to another car. Alas, whilst the DVLA can confirm whether the plate is in use or not (as they have done), they cannot disclose what car sports, nor who owns, AXE105. If one can prove a history between a car and a plate, then an exported vehicle, which left the coutry without transferring a plate (and without placing the aforementioned plate on retention), can apply for the re-instatement of the previously allocated registration (when re-imported to the UK). Thus your car could easily have also been repatriated to the UK and granted it's plate back.

I am sorry that I don't have the answer to your question, but I hope that this has at least explained that plate usage today is not a guarantee of vehicle presence also.

With best regards

Gideon
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  15:33:21  Show Profile
Current [2011] register still has it in Oz.
AXE 105 still listed as it's reg no.
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  15:33:58  Show Profile
J 4404 is with John Murn in Australia, register number 1136. That's according to the recent Australia MMM annual register recently sent to me.

Gideon is correct as far as I'm aware, unless the plate is on retention.

Regards

Robin
Go to Top of Page

fivestar

Philippines
33 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  23:42:11  Show Profile
The details provided by DVLA are for an MG first registered on 16-12-1933, which is correct for J-4404. Probably the license is just kept alive.
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
637 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  16:48:06  Show Profile
If the DVLA weren't specifically informed that the car has been exported, then they will continue to keep the record.

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

fivestar

Philippines
33 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  08:08:39  Show Profile
These are the details on the DVLA request. Does this mean the vehicle is currently licensed?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000