Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 ENV F type manual gearbox scam -warning
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2011 :  18:23:51  Show Profile
I see that the Internet sales website www.1classifieds.co.uk is now the latest site being used by this rogue trader, offering the same f type gearbox for £1200, offered a year or so ago.

Do not be caught out, the seller has never set eyes on this box which rightfully resides in Japan and he asks for a Western Union Money transfer. The majority of internet sales requesting Western Union transfers are generally linked to Nigerian scamming operations. The police cannot stop such activities until money has transferred and even then they are not interested as it then becomes a civil matter

LondonAdds banned this character a while ago but it is not clear how to report him to 1classifieds. The original photos of this gearbox were requested from a legitimate seller when the gearbox was initially sold on eBay when it then was shipped out to Japan

Rich

Vintage MG Parts

sam christie

United Kingdom
3101 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2011 :  20:13:21  Show Profile
When this appeared before an address quoted was in Scotland. I contacted the relevant police force who said they could do nothing about it.Trading Standards said failure to supply goods paid for was a breach of contract and a civil matter and the wronged party would have to follow up his claim at his own cost.In effect,the scam victim has almost no protection.

The gentleman has been running the 'ENV' scam for a couple of years now.I wonder, how many other scams has he set up to the same formula?...and yet the law does not touch him.

Sam

Edited by - sam christie on 31/12/2011 01:42:44
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2011 :  01:08:01  Show Profile
Sam, the police are often a poor source for knowing the law. It seems impossible that this person is not breaking the law. It is one thing to not complete a sale of an item for reasons of a change of mind or rethinking the price negotiated, but to offer an item that one does not own in order to obtain money is criminal fraud or theft by deception, a serious crimes on this side of the pond. Since our laws are based on English laws, I can't believe this coduct is not criminal.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3101 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2011 :  01:40:06  Show Profile
Mike I agree, but the authorities showed no interest whatsoever.I certainly wish anyone who wants to 'have a go' the very best of luck.

Sam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000