Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M type ash frame
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

William Cullen

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  18:52:23  Show Profile
Hi All

Can anyone tell me if you can still get a ash frame either a complete body or in component form for a M also M type windscreen complete for a M type or parts

Thanks

Bill

Edited by - William Cullen on 23/01/2012 18:54:32

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  19:53:46  Show Profile
Hi Bill,

Others may suggest people but I will contact you off line about my contact...regards...Terry
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  19:54:32  Show Profile
Be careful.

I looked at a couple of M-Types recently, when I still thought that we could comfortably fit into one, but found that their new frames had been made without a sufficient curve on the top edge of the doors, resulting in a smaller gap between door and wheel insufficient for fingers to remain on the wheel when turning!

Another one, with the correct door / wheel gap proved to have, besides papers and plates unrelated to the stamped chassis number, an actual 'M' chassis but a Minor engine.

Yet another had the wrong chassis plate.

Good hunting!
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
637 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  20:06:36  Show Profile
You could do a lot worse than talking to Dave Cooksey - get in touch if you need contact details (I don't like posting such things on forums...)

He built mine and I am very happy with it...

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

poulsendk

Denmark
270 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2012 :  05:58:19  Show Profile
Hi Wiliam.
Try to talk with David Cooksey. He made a new M type standard body to my 3 years ago, and also the aluminium on the body. It was perfekt.

Jorgen Poulsen DK

MGM 1930 MGM 1931 TA 1938
Go to Top of Page

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2012 :  08:43:27  Show Profile
Bill,

I have the instructions and drawings showing how to make a M Type Body that Barrie Deans produced a few years ago. If you want to make a body I can send them to you but they will have to be paper copies in the post since I am unable to scan them for my computer. Maybe someone who has the technology could put them in the downloads. Also note there are two types of windscreen frame - early ones had cast brackets fitted to the body and later ones had simple flat straps. There are other differences as well. The chances of finding original ones are remote.

Cheers

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

AFM781

United Kingdom
194 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2012 :  14:08:21  Show Profile
With regards to Bob Stringfield's comment on clearance for ones fingers and hands on the tops of doors. The M steering column are longer than Morris Minor ones by 2"+. It could be that, as with many M types bits they have been swapped about thinking them to be identical. Further back could well give room for you hand. I have 1"+ clearance and the rim of the wheel which is 4" back from the top of the door opening. The column angle can be, within limits, adjusted on an M there being a bracket on the bulkhead which facilitates this. Again the hand clearance would vary. An M with true provenance is a rare beast indeed! What with changes in build specification and later rebuilds from cannibalization of cars.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000