Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Agar Cross MG Agents in Argentina
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2012 :  22:09:17  Show Profile
Does anyone know anything about the MG connection to a company called Agar Cross & Company who traded with Argentina?

It seems that they were the agents for MG. I know they imported MG's to Argentina immediately post war, but did they also have a connection pre-war?

I ask because it seems my PA was owned in 1936 by of one of the directors of the firm (used by his two sons both of whom have signed receipts at the factory) - registered with its current reg plate in London in June 1936 shortly after his return from Argentina to live in the UK.

The curious thing is that the car was supplied to UM in March 1935.

I suppose it was pre-owned by someone who kept the original registration plate. Or could it have been in Argentina? I don't suppose I'll ever know....

rbm

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  20:23:42  Show Profile
Many years back I bought a brand new 12v vertical drive dynamo from a chap in Argentina who had done a garage (business) clearance, he had quite a few diffrent MMM parts from what I remember - I did have a look but cannot for the life of me find any contact details.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

JohnSteedman

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  10:10:21  Show Profile
As you didn't get much response to your query. I thought I'd add the following.

When I was reearching the history of my early TC, manufactured in November '45 but not registered in the UK until 1951, I explored the avenue that it was one several 1945 cars exported to Argentina that year. Incedentally, a few are still there in regular use.

I had a long e-mail from Martin Aubert of the MGCC in Argentina, who explained the role of Agar Cross as the main importer of MGs into the country. If you get in touch (why can't people use their names on this forum), I will give you Martin's e-mail address.

Good luck,

John Steedman
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  22:42:39  Show Profile
Ten (10) TCs went to ARGENTINA in 1945

Seventy (70) went in 1946

Twenty four (24) went in 1947

Only one (1) went in 1948

Agar Cross must have stopped importing MGs late 1947/early 1948 as no Tcs (apart from the one mentioned) went in 1948 and none in 1949. No TDs or TFs went to Argentina.

JOHN JAMES
http://ttypes.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000