Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Hiro Nishio
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  17:29:50  Show Profile
Does anyone know about Hiro and how he is doing after his illness? I tried sending him an email but it was returned as undeliverable. Perhaps I have an old address?

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  23:34:44  Show Profile
Lew, I don't know the answer but, Gerry Wadman who runs Sussex Sports Cars is a close friend of his & has visited him in hospital. You could try Gerry on sussexsportscars(at)aol.com or +44 1273 477778
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  01:08:19  Show Profile
I was informed by a Japanese contact last week that Hiro is not well at all, still in hospital and possibly will not be able to recover his speech either. Sadly, I wish it were happier news

Regards

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

JohnSteedman

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  14:58:19  Show Profile
Michael Card a good friend of Hiro's and a frequent visitor to Japan has asked me to pass on this message:

Hiro moved a few weeks ago to the Rehabilitation Centre Hospital, Hyogo Medical University, Sasayama, Hyogo Prefecture. This is an improvement from his last hospital, where he was “parked” while waiting for a place again in a proper rehabilitation hospital. I have not visited Hiro for some months now, but I was told recently by mutual friend Ricky Hara that the plastic breathing tube is now removed from his throat, and that he is taking speech therapy as well as physiotherapy. As you know, he amazingly regained his sight last year, although it seems not to have recovered fully. His speech is still difficult to understand, and so he continues to supplement it by pointing to an “alphabet board” – hiragana characters of course. Ricky mentioned that Hiro had moved himself unaided from his wheelchair to his bed. Hiro’s wife Yukiko-san continues to provide support, but can only visit at weekends now, as the hospital is a long drive from their home in Nishinomiya, near Kobe, and she works full time, and also must look after daughter Ai-chan and keep an eye on son Taka-kun who is at university in Kyoto. I am sure that Hiro would love to hear from his MMM friends in UK, and you can write to him at the above hospital address – just add his name and Room 202. Use extra large font please.

Mike Card

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  16:48:25  Show Profile
Hello John

Thank you and Mike for the information, it is good to read that Hiro is making progress.

Many of us met Hiro including the time when he joined our 40th anniversary celebrations in his immaculate PB Airline. Hiro was a regular visitor to Silverstone - the enclosed photo shows him trying out an F type from Belgium. Stefaan Vernyns, who is also an F type owner, is looking on.

I hope those members who know Hiro will take the time to write to him.

Regards

George

Edited by - George Eagle on 10/02/2012 17:53:58
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000