Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Events | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Mg stoneliegh
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greg

United Kingdom
839 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  19:38:10  Show Profile
I had a good day today at stoneliegh It was good to meet the faces of people who chat on this forum.

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  19:59:11  Show Profile
Greg

I agree that it was a very good day with lots of MMM members present. So many in fact that I spent most of the day chatting rather than looking at stalls.

You must have been at lunch when I looked at your stall. I was going to tell you that a week ago I finally got round to fitting the water temperature gauge which I bought from you at Stoneleigh in Feb 2011. Not bad eh only 12 months on the shelf.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
572 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  21:08:52  Show Profile
Good to meet so many Triple-M friends , old & new. Special thanks to all those who bought items from the stall. I'm sure that these words will be echoed by my co-venders, Robin Gordon & Bob Milton . A very enjoyable day. Ray.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2178 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  22:06:02  Show Profile
Agreed, a very good turn out of so many MMM'ers. Thanks for the parts Ray

Cheers

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  09:30:44  Show Profile
Agree with all comments. A lovely bag of lovely goodies from the Hardys - there in force - good conversation with MMM owners and an awareness of the prevalence of MMM grey hair.

Had I been new to it all, I would have perhaps found it difficult to locate the MMM areas amongst the MGB bits or from the show catalogue - would a Register sign or banner or two, or even a Register part stall be helpful? I work at the similar, but very much larger, Stafford motorcycle shows (plug!) where identification is much in evidence.

Would a MMM Library stall help to spread the message?

How much more material there seemed to be for the MGB / C than for the later T / TF.

Bob (Moustache and grey hair).
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3254 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  10:17:44  Show Profile
I also enjoyed the day at Stoneleigh, I did not see too much of the stands as I spent most of the time chatting!

It was a pleasure to meet so many people including those from Europe. Bob has raised a good point about identification as some of the stands were very anonymous.

We have never considered having a stand for the Triple-M Library either!

George
Hon Sec

Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
839 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  22:10:36  Show Profile
peter i must of just missed you hardly left the stall all day. glad the temp guage is ok. thankyou greg
Go to Top of Page

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  18:35:38  Show Profile
Greg,

I should have kept you back in the car park so you could give me a push. My every day car is an automatic and rear wheel drive and I had a terrible job driving it off the wet grass. Must admit it was my fault in arriving late and all of the on road parking was taken up. The moral is take the road to the park that is opposite the route from Stoneleigh Village. I was in a traffic jam for at least half a hour and yet the traffic from the other direction was able to drive straight in. Still worth the visit though.

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
774 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  23:13:52  Show Profile
only two things to complain about.....that damn green car on the cover and the use of "mg" rather than MG.....stylists at work again!
Foz
Go to Top of Page

george

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  13:15:40  Show Profile
At the risk of starting controversy [and showing ignorance] what is the [damn green car] and yes stoneleigh was very good plenty of goodies and a light wallet Geoff
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
916 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  13:38:54  Show Profile
It's not a car - it's more of a Rat!
JH
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  17:11:12  Show Profile
I heard he was seen leaving Stoneleigh with 48 copies of the programme !!!
Must have been something interesting inside

Regards
David D

Edited by - Dow on 23/02/2012 17:12:44
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
774 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  21:51:07  Show Profile
Hi Dr.Teeth........total rumour.....this column should stick to facts......96 copies! boy did our recycling man complain this week!
Foz
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000