Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Triple-M Register Annual Dinner and Prize Giving
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  20:19:29  Show Profile

Just a reminder that the Register's Annual Dinner and Prize Giving will take place on Saturday, 21st April, at the Ship Hotel, Weybridge. Full details for the dinner, the optional informal lunch and scenic run prior to the dinner and optional visit to Polesden Lacey on the Sunday can be found on the 'News Page' (dated 20th January) and a booking form can be downloaded from the 'Document Downloads' section of the website. I look forward to seeing you there.

Elizabeth

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2012 :  14:07:06  Show Profile
With just under four weeks to go until our Annual Dinner and Prize Giving on Saturday 21st April, there is still time to book your place!

The event starts with an optional informal lunch and scenic road run from Peter Green’s home in Farnham Royal to the event hotel, the Ship Hotel in Weybridge.

The dinner itself promises to be a most enjoyable occasion, spent among Triple-M friends, so why not come along? The price has been held at last year’s level and you will be able to select from a menu which should suit all tastes.

The new Chairman is donating a bottle of wine per table and as I'm feeling generous, the more tables we have, the happier I shall be!

Some of you have said that you plan to attend the VSCC Spring Start race meeting at Silverstone that day. Fear not, it should be possible to make the journey from Silverstone to Weybridge in time for the dinner, which a number of our regulars already plan to do, so perhaps you will join in with them?

On Sunday morning (22nd April) there will be a relaxing 12 mile amble to the National Trust property at Polesden Lacey where Triple-M cars will have pride of place. (The gardens open at 10 a.m. and the house at 11 a.m.)

Full details for the dinner, the optional informal lunch and scenic run prior to the dinner and optional visit to Polesden Lacey on the Sunday can be found on the 'News Page' (dated 20th January) and a booking form can be downloaded from the 'Document Downloads' section of the website.

Dick Morbey
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2012 :  20:09:55  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

The new Chairman is donating a bottle of wine per table and as I'm feeling generous, the more tables we have, the happier I shall be!

Dick Morbey

Dick

This is bribery. However I heartily agree with the host bribing the diners. It is definitely preferable to the Conservative party's arrangement which operates the other way round.

Many thanks, keep up the good work, Peter
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  08:04:51  Show Profile
STOP PRESS!

You may remember that this weekend's event includes an optional Triple-M visit on Sunday to to the National Trust property, Polesden Lacey?

The National Trust has recently announced that visits to this property (and some other properties) will be free of charge this weekend. If you have already signed up for the dinner, your final instructions from Elizabeth Taylor contain all the details of this promotion.

If you are not attending the dinner etc. you are still welcome to visit Polesden Lacey - preferably in a 'proper' car - and perhaps free entry will be an added inducement.

There is dedicated parking for 20 Register cars right next to the house and plenty more space in the general car park. (Priority will be given to dinner attendees.)

If you plan make the Sunday visit, please contact Elizabeth for guidance, because the arrangements are slightly complicated!

Elizabeth can be contacted on 01628 665055 or by e-mail to e.taylor@oakend.net

A free entry voucher can be downloaded at http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/get-involved/competitions-and-offers/offers/free-weekend/

Best wishes
Dick Morbey
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  09:49:46  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

STOP PRESS!

There is dedicated parking for 20 Register cars right next to the house and plenty more space in the general car park. (Priority will be given to dinner attendees.)

Best wishes
Dick Morbey

Dick

Will we know before we leave Weybridge whether or not we are one of the chosen few (20)?

Peter
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  10:27:44  Show Profile
Peter

All the dinner attendees should be OK for preferential parking. Elizabeth will explain all!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000