Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 European Car Insurance
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2012 :  19:37:51  Show Profile
Any good pointers for longer term European car insurance .... my Footman James gives 35 days but I am looking for about 6 months. Any information most welcome.

robin

PB 0527

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6125 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2012 :  20:06:51  Show Profile
Your standard UK insurance will give you unlimited use throughout the EU (plus Andorra, Croatia,Iceland Norway, Switzerland and Serbia) but only insofar as is required by law in the country concerned. The limitation imposed by most UK insurance companies relates to the provision of the same full comprehensive cover that you have in the UK when you travel abroad.

Having said that, I researched this extensively last year as I was working in the Balkans and Saga was the only company that I could find that placed no limit on the number or duration of trips within the EU (or the other countries listed above) and still provided full comprehensive cover. The NFU used to offer similar cover but you'd need to check this as I think they may have changed their policy on this.

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 22/03/2012 20:09:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000