Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 W.E.Still Brooklands 1927
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  09:02:09  Show Profile
pity though, as 'JR' was really very active at Brooklands! There are absolutely no references to DBH in my (Brooklands) files, be them in smaller events or the larger ones. The only reference I found was indeed the Lewes meeting of September the 9th in 1934. No mention of his name in other Lewes meetings either, or at any other venue I have info on for that matter!
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  10:00:09  Show Profile
Cat

Donald (b. 28 March 1912) had a brother called Duncan (b 1914), and the two of them were great friends with Bill Boddy. I was able to extract some remembrances from WB via his daughter, Nondus, shortly before WB's death. They were mainly personal (and scurrilous!) but not too much to do with racing!

The boys' father was called Bernard (b 1881)

To the dismay of the boys, the Brescia that did well at Lewes was given away by Mum during the wartime years but was retrieved. It's now being campaigned in Ireland.

Here's a pic of the car at the Lewes event. Duncan is driving and their father holds the Union flag.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  11:07:16  Show Profile
Hi Dick,
I tried the Brooklands Book and could not find any references. I did try veirous combinations but no luck.... sorry... Terry A
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000