Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Live! 2012
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  01:26:43  Show Profile
Back to the hat and the good old days Barry?
If transponders are compulsory put them all in one car and let the handicapper work that one out!

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2012 :  17:47:17  Show Profile
Well, now final instructions have arrived , it seems MMM and Pre-war race is first race on Saturday . Thats fine - if we dont like the ambiance we can go ! It also appears theres no designated parking space in the paddock for the individual races and that we must find space where we can - not a happy state of affairs . I intend to get there as early as is permitted on the Friday ( 3 pm ) and try to occupy ground for the MMM competitors . Thats hard to estimate as theres not even a list of 'runners and riders' . Oh dear ! I feel if I hadn't already issued my huge cheque I might be tempted to give forth a common rasberry , or what our American cousins call a 'Bronx Cheer' . But I am sure it will be lovely on the day .
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2012 :  18:10:56  Show Profile
Fred, read no 12 of Final instructions. MG Live Race page on MGCC web site has 13 runners and riders.
After £340 entry fee they are charging us 50p for the numbers, and I bet that is for each individual number.You are running incognito it seems. Glad I'm not 3472 on the grid. Bl---y cheek. Transponders or not is now the question ?
I'll try and be there for 3 as well but I bet all we will see is acres of allready cordoned off tarmac. I think it says signing on opens at 3 not the circuit, as there is a test day on Friday I think. We thought we would try Paddock C as it was a bit less frantic last year.
http://www.mgcc.co.uk/competition/MGLive/MMM.pdf

Regards
David D

Edited by - Dow on 15/06/2012 18:22:58
Go to Top of Page

george

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2012 :  20:03:30  Show Profile
Thats a lot of money.It seems to me that as the racing is one of the big crowd pullers they should pay you .Makes my £25 to have at Kop hill a real bargain. /Geoff
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2012 :  20:03:56  Show Profile
I have been repeatedly trying to check the layout for Silverstone on the MG Live website. However the page marked @Layout' still reads:

"A confirmed 2012 MGLive event layout will be uploaded soon" and there is a picture of last years event.

and it is only one week to go .

Peter
Go to Top of Page

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  10:04:42  Show Profile
Peter
I contacted Chris Seaward last night (Saturday). The website will be updated with the2012 layout on Monday.

Far better in future if you see action not happening as promised in something originating from Kimber House, is to let them know directly.

George Wilder
Vice Chairman
MGCC

Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  15:30:55  Show Profile
George

Thanks for your action.

You are right I could have contacted Kimber House. The only problem is that I did not know when the event layout was finalised. I would have had to guess what is a reasonable deadline.

More excuses

I stand corrected, George

Peter

PS Event layout is now posted on the MG Live web page.

Edited by - Peter Scott on 18/06/2012 12:42:53
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2012 :  08:00:38  Show Profile
Morning all, what time is our race on sat? Sorry cant seem to find a reference to it ?

Hope to be waving you on from the grandstand!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2012 :  08:15:27  Show Profile
Hi Mark,

The details are available via the MGCC website at http://www.mgcc.co.uk/images/timetablemgl2012.pdf

See you in the grandstand!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2012 :  08:15:39  Show Profile
I ll answer my own question, just found the time table.

It's at 12:30 before the lunch break. Which annoyingly is before I will arrive!!!!

Good luck to all

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2012 :  20:58:42  Show Profile
Silverstone update:-

The Triple-M racers have been scrutineered for tomorrow's race, the Register stall has been set up and is ready to serve you, so all we now need is good weather and your attendance!

Saturday's weather looks like being pretty reasonable. Wish I could say the same for Sunday

Oh yes, and the 2011 Year Book has arrived from the printers and will be on sale.

See you there?

Regards,
Dick Morbey
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2012 :  21:19:09  Show Profile
Dick

Yes I will be there, on Saturday (Mallory on Sunday ).

As you say the weather forecast for Saturday is quite good. It has certainly improved gradually over the past few days. So looking forward to a dry day and meeting lots of forum and other friends.

Peter
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000