Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Live! 2012
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6182 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  09:52:01  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  14:10:34  Show Profile
"I don't believe it" ,
for a moment.

Edited by - spitfire on 02/05/2012 14:11:26
Go to Top of Page

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  08:23:16  Show Profile
It is good and healthy to see debate about the MGCC’s major event of the year with contributions from Club Members and others. The MGCC has of course a very broad spectrum of members and tries very hard to provide for everyone.

The annual MGCC race meeting at Silverstone has developed over the last 50 years or so into MG Live! It aims to reflect the interests of all of the broad range of members we have with cars ranging from the 1920s to the present day by providing something for everybody.

MG Live! is now a major event – the biggest MG event in the world – with the Racing, the Social Side, the California Cup, the Concours, the Traders, the Register displays and of course the Club Marquees. Of course individual interests will vary which is why there is a wide spectrum of events. It is a major task for the Club to run MG Live! which would not be possible without lots and lots of hard working volunteers – it just would not happen.

All this is not to say that improvements cannot be made to MG Live! – it must improve and change a little each year to add vitality to the event. Positive constructive suggestions, with manpower to back them up, will always be welcomed and encouraged by the Club.

I know the Club would welcome a Triple M race at some of its other race meetings – they are after all very much part of the Marque’s sporting history – but such races would need to have well supported grids.
Are there sufficient licensed racers today and suitable cars for this to happen?
The costs of running a race meeting and the racing costs at MG Live! must be covered by the money generated by the entrants and/or sponsors.

I am sure the Race Committee would like to receive positive sound suggestions for taking forward Triple M racing – so let’s have them.

On another but related topic for a bit of fun why not enter a Triple M car into the F Register’s Glow Car competition on the Saturday night – it is open to all!

George Wilder
Vice Chairman MGCC
Triple M Register Liaison Director
Historian C-Type C 0256
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  10:52:11  Show Profile
George,

What is the 'Glow Car' competition? I can find nothing about it on the F Register's website nor the MGCC website or am I looking in the wrong places.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  14:14:14  Show Profile
Google search 0.37 seconds
Glow Car Competition. Fitted with neons
I'd def do it! To win! George. Get your sunglasses!

Edited by - spitfire on 03/05/2012 14:16:33
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  14:35:29  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by George Wilder

why not enter a Triple M car into the F Register’s Glow Car competition

To be honest, I'd prefer to have all my teeth extracted.
Go to Top of Page

Alan Bertram

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  15:24:26  Show Profile
Peter

Try this link.

http://www.mgfregister.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3635

Alan
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1579 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  15:37:36  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by kimber

quote:
Originally posted by George Wilder

why not enter a Triple M car into the F Register’s Glow Car competition

To be honest, I'd prefer to have all my teeth extracted.

Andrew, I sympathise , but it's the younger generation ......... each to his own!

Bruce.
Go to Top of Page

Wyn Lewis

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  16:12:30  Show Profile
There you go Peter, just enough time to get the K3 ready to participate!
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  17:18:49  Show Profile
'Racing costs must be covered by the money generated by the entrants and sponsors'? Can anyone tell me the entry fees incurred by Russ Swift ? And the mountain bike Stunt Team ? Has the Club ever done a survey at Silverstone of the paying publics wishes and priorities ? I suspect that at least 90% must be Club members , and that they would wish to see MGs rather than mountain bikes which they can see any day at the nearest tenament car park . By the way, where does the gate money go ?
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  18:03:14  Show Profile
It has become more like a family funfair than a proper MG meeting - mores the pity. As to the Glow Car competition what a joke - I would rather come to the dentist with you Andrew !
Will I still go this year - maybe for a few hours on saturday but if it is a nice day a good drive through the Sussex countryside in a supercharged MG might be more appealing than a funfair....

TH
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6182 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  19:19:44  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Bertram

Peter

Try this link.

http://www.mgfregister.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3635

Alan

Please tell me this is a joke. Surely MG Silverstone isn't reduced to this? Terry, I may joIn you if a supercharger isn't compulsory!
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  19:27:06  Show Profile
I'm afraid guys, that represents the (potentially expandable) majority for whom the club is now (mostly) catering. Lots and lots of 'em with money to spend.

Time for the old farts and their antiques to exit stage left?

Edited by - kimber on 03/05/2012 19:27:51
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  19:31:31  Show Profile
Don't despair, Andrew and all - let's keep treading the boards for a while longer - after all, 80 or so years not out puts everyone else in the shade - even when they are brightly illuminated!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 03/05/2012 19:32:04
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  19:39:08  Show Profile
I'm not sure if Mr Wilder has dangled a hook in the MMM pond.
Throw down a challenge...
See whose MGs can drive furthest down a river!
Now if they had a hill climb for MMM cars on site,
that might show just how damned versatile these little (E I G H T Y Y E A R S) cars were.

Edited by - spitfire on 06/05/2012 18:14:43
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000