Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 fitting windscreen to a PA
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willis

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  10:51:49  Show Profile
I am endeavouring to fit the screen to the body, there are no holes for the uprights and have taken measurements from the old body, so to absolutely correct can someone tell me what the height of the bottom of the screen is to the centre of the scuttle.

Ian willis

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  20:10:58  Show Profile
Hi Ian. On my car the gap is only about 1/2" - the body and fittings are original but the holes might have been slightly enlarged over the years. I doubt that it was a precise measurement in the first place though! If anything it might be a bit tight as if I lower the screen its a devil of a job to tuck the rubber strip back in place correctly.

Graham

ps Just a thought, if you bolt all the bits together and offer it up to the body, there shouldn't be much leeway as the side brackets are shaped to the scuttle...good luck!
G

"I'd rather be happy than right anyday" Slartybartfast, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 10/05/2012 21:18:06
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  22:36:27  Show Profile
Ian, there has been correspondence in the Forum about getting the correct fit. (Search and click the 'archived posts' box to ensure you can see older postings.)

Two issues arise especially if you are planning to fit aeroscreens:

1. Make sure there is enough room between the rear of the screen and the scuttle humps to accommodate the aeros, and
2. Make sure the screen is not fitted so far forward on the scuttle that you cannot open the bonnet with the screen in the 'down' position!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 10/05/2012 22:37:10
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2012 :  08:47:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

2. Make sure the screen is not fitted so far forward on the scuttle that you cannot open the bonnet with the screen in the 'down' position!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743

Dick

There is no way you can open the bonnet, on a P, when the screen is folded down no matter where you mount the screen. The width of the scuttle is less than the height of the screen.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2012 :  09:27:14  Show Profile
Thanks Peter

I thought I had picked up that second point from a recent posting (which I cannot now find)....

Perhaps it was to do with avoiding fitting the aeroscreen too close to the windscreen which might prevent it from opening? Enlightenment please!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2012 :  11:08:09  Show Profile
Dick

I thought that the stress of being Chairman was getting to you but obviously not.

Just get that so-and-so MG Live sorted and we will all forgive you

Peter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000