Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Crown and pinion ratio for a PA ( n° 1872 )
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alain Pineau

France
13 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  11:59:22  Show Profile
Last weekend I attended a beautiful day on the track of Montlhéry...

Beautiful day but unfortunately on the way back, the rear axle of my PA started to make an infernal noise, worse and worse for almost an hour of torture, until the garage door and I prayed to God get there.
After removing the rear flange of the banjo, I had very clear vision of the disaster: the crown is devastated ( but somehow I was under no illusion ...)

The worst is that I'm pretty sure of the origin of the disaster in recent weeks, the propeller shaft had a little play back and forth and doing a "clock" when I passed the reverse. The pinion lock nut should be dismantled or damaged bearings, which both ...

In any case I must now find ( at least ) one crown and pinion set adapted to my PA !

Please does anyone can tell me the correct model, the proper ratio and where I can find it?
It would be very helpful !

Alain Pineau,

MG PA Tourer 1934 No. 1872, Engine No.: 2183 AP

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  08:32:33  Show Profile
Sorry to hear the sad news, returning from a magical place for MMM cars.
I'm surprised no one has replied to your plight.
Does not Sports and Vintage have a set?
The ratio of your crown wheel should be stamped on the outside edge.

I would be careful if buying a complete used diff.
I bought one, rebuilt, and it had the contact bearings fitted the wrong way round (by an expert.. zoot allors!) It did not last one kilometre!
E mail me if you have no help, or the English language is a problem on the telephone.
There are people who can rebuild this for you. No problem.

Edited by - spitfire on 07/06/2012 08:34:36
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
232 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  10:07:19  Show Profile
Alain. Sorry to hear of the problem. I have quality new made PA crown wheel & pinions in stock in 3 different ratios, and I also still have a few old stock brand new boxed originals. Please contact me at..... barry@barrywalker.com for immediate delivery.

Yours, Barry Walker.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000