Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Triple-M Natter - One Time
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LewPalmer

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  22:59:47  Show Profile
Many of you know that 4 of us North American Triple-M members (Jack Kahler, Bill Richey, Dan Fest, and myself) will be coming to the UK in September. Our schedule is tightly packed, including Beaulieu on the first weekend and the Goodwood Revival on the second, with side trips planned for each day in between. We arrive on the 6th of September and depart for home on the 17th. It was suggested to me that a number of people we know might like to meet up to share a pint.

So I have made arrangements to meet at The Phoenix in Hartley Witney on Sunday September 16th between 2 - 4 PM. I hope this location is central enough to allow many in the southern counties to attend, although any and all Triple-M'ers are certainly welcome - especially if you come in your Triple-M car.

If anyone is unable to attend or wish to meet up with us at any other time during the 12 days, email me and I can send you our complete itinerary. A few evenings are open and unplanned, so evening activities may also be possible.

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  08:54:30  Show Profile
Hi Lew

I'm at Revival all weekend, Thursday through to Monday morning. You've chosen a great spot to Natter, quite local for me. Would be great to meet up at Goodwood therefore, there's usually a number of MMM'ers in attendance. Sounds like Saturday would be the ideal scenario for you. Let me kno when you will be at Goodwood and I'll make a suggesiotn in terms of a meeting spot.

Regards

Robin

J2 J3666
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  09:06:27  Show Profile
Hello Lew

I'm in the same position as Robin - attending all three days of the Goodwood Revival.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  12:44:17  Show Profile
Hi Lew

I shall be at Goodwood on the Saturday & Sunday so would be great to meet up. You might find it a bit difficult to tear yourself away from Goodwood on the Sunday to be at Hartley Witney between 2 & 4 pm unless of course you are only planning to be at Goodwood on the Friday and or Saturday. Have you got your tickets? these must be purchased in advance, I understand no sales at the gate.

Bob Milton
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  13:29:52  Show Profile
Yes, we are at Goodwood only on Saturday, but perhaps we could get together at noon for lunch. Yes, we all have our tickets.

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  13:39:21  Show Profile
In that case, I suggest meeting at the entrance to the aircraft concourse display area, yes there is an aircraft concourse, at 12 noon. This is usually less crowded than most other areas and should be more obvious.

Regards

Robin

J2 J3666
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  21:23:19  Show Profile
Lew

In a previosu post you mentioned a possible trip to the Heritage Centre at Gaydon. Are you still planning to go there? If so it would be much more convenient for those of us who live in the midlands/north. I would love to come over to Gaydon in my ex Airline to meet up with you whislt you were there. I think that you also mentioned Abingdon which is also a more central location.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

mgmike

New Zealand
39 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  22:36:46  Show Profile
I am visiting the UK from New Zealand and will be at the Revival for all three days, so if you don't mind a gatecrasher from the Antipodes it would be great to meet you all!
Go to Top of Page

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2012 :  07:21:58  Show Profile
Is the meeting on Sunday 16th September , 2pm at the Phoenix. Hartley Witney. still on?

Keith
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2012 :  07:52:47  Show Profile
Hello Keith,

Definitely, yes!

Best wishes
Dick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic