Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Beaulieu 2012
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2012 :  15:26:07  Show Profile

Is anyone MMM going - and meeting - there, or will 'the well-known traders' be alone and palely loitering?

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2012 :  19:13:43  Show Profile
No chance of being alone chum, not only do the MMMers turn up, but so do hundreds of MG enthusiasts who don't even belong to the MGCC , let alone the register, (shame , but that's their choice). There are two worlds out there, and they all really enjoy it.....it's the best show of the year and everyone gets something out of it, whether it's a J2 engine or a 25amp fuse.
Best check your alarm clock and get your walking boots on, you don't loiter at Beaulieu....(well, keen ones don't).

See you all there, Barry Walker.

Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2012 :  19:45:00  Show Profile
The four of us "left-ponders" will be there all 3 days. So bring out your best Triple-M parts, there will be a few American dollars to spread around.

Lew Palmer
Go to Top of Page

george

United Kingdom
862 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2012 :  20:53:17  Show Profile
To paraphrase my long dead mum from her wartime memories of the GIs OVER PAID OVER SEXED and OVER HERE .enjoy Lew hope to meet you at Hartley Wintney cheers Geoff
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2012 :  20:59:54  Show Profile
Hi Bob

We will be there enjoying the weekend too, but just as enthusiasts!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2012 :  21:28:40  Show Profile
Hey you Limey's & Lew,

This Yank will be there, too, for about the 20th year in a row.

Under paid, under sexed, but over there.

tommm
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6121 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2012 :  20:09:12  Show Profile
Bob,

Don't forget to look out for some nice Shelley tools instead of those ol' King Dick ones
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2012 :  20:40:07  Show Profile
I am rostered, DV, to man (person?) the Bonhams motor cycle display tent not far from the public entrance 'for the duration', so any MMM conversation will be welcome.

Having been a Kimber devotee for a very long time, I have all of the tools I need (a 'brummagem adjuster' and a couple of old bicycle spanners). I have some Shelley ones in a tin at the back of the garden shed, along with those for the lawnmower.

Were I looking for very high-quality, open-ended, spanners, I would hope to find some of those 'WFR DDR SUPER STEEL' ones supplied in the 'seventies with MZ motor cycles, (metric only, alas, of course.)

Bob.
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2012 :  20:30:40  Show Profile
Fellow Jumblers,

Don't Forget our annual MMMeeting at noon GMT Saturday at Green 021, Vintage Restorations. Please bring all those extra Airline Coupe' parts.

tommm on the warm and sunny southern Lake Erie shore.....
Go to Top of Page

Martin Warner

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  16:02:02  Show Profile
I know Oliver Richardson is going to be there because he has been clearing out my garage!
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  22:44:39  Show Profile
My thanks to the MMM owners, from two countries, who called in at the Bonhams motor cycle stand in Green Field for a word. Most welcome, since my job at Beaulieu precludes spending time looking at MG stands.

Super weather and cheerful motor-cyclists - what's not to like?

I managed to buy a bicycle screw-hammer and a Shelley jack.
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2012 :  18:08:30  Show Profile
Hello Friends,

Just realized I had never uploaded a photograph so here's a good one to share, taken at our Saturday noon Beaulieu meeting. There were certainly a large number of Yanks, and we missed Stefaan this year.

tommm back home in very warm and sunny Ohio

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000