Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Autosparks for PA harness ?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gordclark

Canada
170 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  17:24:00  Show Profile
Can anyone reccommend Autosparks for a PA wiring harness?

It seems they are significantly less expensive than our American supplier of wiring harnesses for British cars - British Wiring.

Autosparks are asking £108 (abt. $140 USD) versus $285 from British Wiring - a 50% difference.

Also I would want flasher wires added and a few other less important ones, too.

Gord Clark
Rockburn, Qué.

Oz34

United Kingdom
2570 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  17:58:03  Show Profile
Can't say Gord but I've always found them good for general wiring etc. Sports & Vintage are also offering them for £108 or with the wiring for flashers included, £116. In both cases we would have to pay the dreaded VAT, but you might not have to?

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

gordclark

Canada
170 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  18:29:12  Show Profile
Mnay thanks for your input Dave.

I will get from S&V as I believe in supporting those who support the club. Price is competitive. No I won't have to pay VAT, but HM Customs in Canada will nick me for 15% of GST & PST - not much better.

Gord Clark
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  20:10:57  Show Profile
Hi Gord

I have always bought my wiring looms from Sports and Vintage and never experienced any problems. I have opted each time to go for the loom with indicators wired in.

Best regards

George
L2023 and NA0960
Nr Buckingham, Bucks, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  22:38:49  Show Profile
I bought a harness from Autosparks ( admittedly 12 years ago) for my PA. it came with wiring for indicators and was 100% OK

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

F0355

South Africa
298 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  08:13:03  Show Profile
If it's originality you're after and want it Khaki Brown in colour with no coloured tracer and with braided wires all in black with coloured rings around braided wires for identification then the loom from Australia which is a work of art and comes with the galvanised steel flexible pipe, all wiring diagrams, instructions etc should be considered. They added wires for indicators at my request.

This spec according to extensive research at the time was correct for my year PA, sans the added wiring for indicators of course.

If interested, here are the details:

OCTAGON MANUFACTURING
12 Lambertia street
Greenwood WA 6024
PH 08 9448 4466
Price: AUS$329.30 (1999)

Peter Steyn
Johannesburg, RSA
Go to Top of Page

gordclark

Canada
170 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  01:12:09  Show Profile
Thanks Peter for your input, but my goal is to be driving this car in 2014. I'd love to get a totally original one, but the harness, like quite a few other bits, are not going to be pukka original, as I know I'm going to have to cut a few corners to get there.

I'm a few months shy of 80, and I lack the initiative and energy to do a full and proper restoration. but everything will be reversible for the next owner, likely my grandson.

Gord Clark
Rockburn, Qué.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2570 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  11:19:28  Show Profile
I'm over 10 years behind you Gord, but I know exactly where you're coming from!

Best wishes,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

willis

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  18:15:24  Show Profile
I purchased a wiring loom from Autosparks for my PA some few months ago which included wiring for flasher units. Although I am no electrician it presented no problems sorting out where averything went. A phone call to the company to solve the odd problem and I am well pleased. Highly recommended

Ian

Ian willis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000