Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Indicator switch
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gsrun

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  00:13:33  Show Profile
I have posted this mainly to find out whether I am capable of attaching a photo - if successful, it shows my solution to the question of adding an indicator switch to my J2 dash without the need for additional holes (and it has been adopted by at least one other member of this forum!) The engine turned triangle is stuck to the rear of the dash with double sided tape - as used for modern number plates!
Graham R

P.S. Should anyone be interested in using this method of mounting an extra switch for flashers (or anything else) but are stuck for the bit of turned ali - let me know and I can make one up to your size/shape or pattern.
Graham R.

Edited by - gsrun on 11/08/2012 23:01:00

David R

United Kingdom
289 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2012 :  20:42:51  Show Profile
At Graham's suggestion I also used number plate tape to secure a similar switch plate to the J2 dashboard,and can confirm it works fine.I used 2 parallel strips,about 2in in total depth. My plate is a more rounded design and therefore less likely to inflict damage on the trousers.The switch is from Auto Electric Supplies with a red repeater light- a green one would be better in daylight.
I also have the advantage of a Bluemels wheel which makes steering that much easier (sorry Graham!)

David
J 3355

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000