Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PA Sheet Metal
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2012 :  22:14:34  Show Profile
I notice there are no suppliers listed for sheet metal panels. What are people's recommendations? I MAY need a new set of bonnet panels for PA1169. I plan to visit Steve Gilbert's shop when we are in the UK in about 3 weeks, but am looking for other sources as well. I prefer to deal with the manufacturer directly.

Lew Palmer

Edited by - LewPalmer on 14/08/2012 22:15:51

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2012 :  01:16:00  Show Profile
Steve built a new body for my F2 some time ago. It is superb and everything fits. The car came to Oz in chassis form. I have had some experience, having built tourer bodies for both my 1912 Rover and (more recently) my 1910 Humber (I picked it up from the trimmer, who did a superb job of the seats and interior, yesterday) but those early bodies were much simpler!
Go to Top of Page

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2012 :  08:24:37  Show Profile
Hi Lew

Look at www.sportscarmetalworks.com This guy has stalls at all of the MG events where he displays his wares and they are all of top quality and self made. He is also very approachable. If you are flying into Heathrow he is located in Iver, in Buckinghamshire - about thirty minutes from the airport.
Another supplier is Vintage Wings in Manchester. They maufacture all types of metalwork including (I am told) wings for the Morgan car factory.

Cheers

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scully

United Kingdom
157 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2012 :  10:20:40  Show Profile
Lew
Steve built the body for my PA and did a great job. If you haven't done so already I'd make sure that you first check Steve's availability before making the trip over to his place as he isn't always around.
Peter
Go to Top of Page

rossk

United Kingdom
495 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2012 :  19:33:40  Show Profile
If you feel that you can finished of a set of bonnet sides to fit your car send me an email off line.

Ross Keeling

Edited by - rossk on 16/08/2012 14:50:32
Go to Top of Page

gordclark

Canada
170 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2012 :  05:35:27  Show Profile
Lew,

I have a pair of front quarter panels for a PA that I'm offereing for anything in exchange. I don't care what it is or its value, just as long as its for a PA. Alternately, I'll give them ... just as long as they find a good home and no money changes hands. I'll pack them too. Just pay for the shipping. I'll ship them from Northern NY - not Canada.

I have some pix, and would attach them if I could figure out how. Not as easy as the TD/TF BB

Gord Clark
Rockburn, Qué.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000