Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 VSCC Loton Park
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2012 :  07:28:02  Show Profile
I was disappointed not be going to the Goodwood but decided I couldn't miss my favourite Hill climb of the year at Loton Park. And boy was it a fab weekend.

Great that we had a strong Triple M entry (11) with everyone seemingly going quicker and quicker with every run. Must have been a load of Personal bests! I knocked 3.5 secs off my best and I know that Phil and Rachel had even bigger gains.

Even the non MG faithful were loving the Triple M performance. Including the doubled wheeled antics of Ian and Mike, the electric Kayne Special, Andy K's monster, all the way down to David R throwing the M around with gusto!

Great to see so many friendly Triple M faces in the paddock, truly is a great club social meeting. The weather held so all timed runs were completed before the odd shower.

If you ve not been to Loton, do join us next year!

Mark Dolton

Edited by - Dolts on 17/09/2012 08:27:55

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2012 :  09:47:32  Show Profile
Mark,

Nice to hear about Loton, which has good memories for me. I competed with the NA in about 1971 or 1972 which could make it one of the very first VSCC meetings there. Don't ask me what my times were - I can't now remember, but if you take the times put up by the Kayne Special and double them, you wouldn't be far out. Broke the diff on the NA when driving home (on the road - no trailers then) at Crawley, about 25 miles from home, and fitted one of my two spare diffs by the roadside at 2.0 oclock in the morning, in the rain. Happy days (not) !

Colin B.

Edited by - Colin Butchers on 17/09/2012 09:48:45
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2012 :  15:16:10  Show Profile
Triple M'ers having fun

Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2012 :  15:20:45  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2012 :  15:36:58  Show Profile
And some more

Graham
Go to Top of Page

Wyn Lewis

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2012 :  16:58:03  Show Profile
What happened to Mike Dowley on his second run? seemed to have been abandoned at the Tiangle.
Wyn
Go to Top of Page

philcoombs

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2012 :  11:20:58  Show Profile
Yes, what a fantastic weekend, what with a great showing of MMMs and brilliant performances all around. So here are a couple of more unusual pictures including MMM campsite with Mark's garage!
Philip

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2012 :  11:24:39  Show Profile
Thats a great shot of David R!

Pop up garages are the way to go when you have useless electrics and draining batteries!!

Are all the photos of me blurred due to the extreme speed I was carrying. Not sure what happend to Mike D, I missed his final run...anyone know?

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

andrewmorland

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2012 :  17:14:05  Show Profile
Well done Mark, what an amazing time you got at Loton! I could never get that. Also well done to Mark Rushton and Rachel Holdsworth, both 1st Handicap in their classes. What a great day.

Many thanks to all the Triple Mers who helped me get to Loton with the P and kept it going when we were there! Arosa seems to have taken it's toll.
Cast in order of appearance -
Fred Boothby - Chief engine mechanic
Hamish McNinch - Chief machinist
Barry Foster - for allowing me to take/borrow a shock absorber/spring mounting off his D Type and also for building me such a reliable engine that still works after 3 years at 6,500 plus rpm!
Mark 'Dolts' - for putting my one engine mounting bolt in!
Cheers -Andrew
Go to Top of Page

andrewmorland

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2012 :  12:03:02  Show Profile

Sunny weekend at Loton. Frank Ashley and Andy King chatting to Dave Rushton about his impressively fast time in his M Type!

Andrew
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000