Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG 874
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2012 :  13:56:59  Show Profile
Seeing Peter Newbery's posting of his newly acquired Jarvis bodied M type registration MG 743 reminded me that I had an old MG number plate somewhere deep in the garage which I have had for over 40 years. Where I got it from I can't remember and I wondered if it was from Peter's new car. It is however MG 874 which DVLA search enquiry tells me is an MG with 847cc engine first registered in 1931. Sounds like an M or D type. Does anyone know who's car this is because he or she might like their original front number plate back?!
Keith

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2012 :  14:22:57  Show Profile
Hello Keith

MG 874 is an M-type - CM2371 - an ex-coupe. The vehicle is listed in our Register and its owner, Valerie Davison as well as her husband Ian Davison are active in MG Triple-M events.

Valerie is listed as a member of this forum but hasn't posted any entries on it. I will let her know of your re-discovery and am sure she willbe interested.

Regards
Dick
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2012 :  14:28:59  Show Profile
Thanks Dick. That's a bit spooky as Valerie is only about 10 miles from me and I also have an M type coupe which has been waiting for attention for 45 years.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

Pat Widdup

New Zealand
399 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2012 :  20:33:31  Show Profile
HI there Keith could you find the original english number plate for my M type Chassis number 2M3172. It would be great to know. Thanks Pat W
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2012 :  23:13:56  Show Profile
Hi Pat,
Sorry but I have no more stock! I am intrigued to try and discover how I came by the number plate in the first instance all those years ago. I think it would either have come with a load of M type spares or from a breakers yard. My M type coupe is MG 970 and I do have the number plate for that.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2012 :  23:20:55  Show Profile
Pat,
As an afterthought I once owned another M type that was taken out to NZ by Murray Watson. Did you get your car from him? If so I do know what the English registration number was.
Keith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000