Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 16" wirewheels on a TA
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

entenhannes

Germany
17 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  19:37:14  Show Profile
Hello,
i'm a new here and come from Germany, therefor sorry for my worse english. i own a MG TA and like to change to 16" wirewheels. For the German registration i have to give evidence that this change was a usuelly change in this time.
Therefore i need some sources in the literatur. Or would it be possible to get an official paper, best from the MGCC or Triple M register? This document would be very helpfull to get the german documents for the registration. Thank you very much in advance for your help.

friendly regards from a German MG Driver

Johannes

Mail: kalt-horbach@t-online.de

Bob Grunau

Canada
290 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2012 :  19:21:19  Show Profile
Johannes, Page 47, M.G. Trials Cars, book by Roger Thomas gives specifications for TA Trials cars. Indicates 6:00 x 16" wheels and Competition tyres.
Also, page 60, Original MGT Series , The Restorers Guide to MG TA,TB,TC,TD and TF, book by Anders Ditlev Clausager, shows Competition Parts ( TA ) including 4:00 x 16" wheels with 6:00 x 16" tyres.

Attached my ex-race TC with 4:00 x 16" wheels and Dunlop race tyres and my alfin brake drums.
Bob Grunau, Canada

Go to Top of Page

entenhannes

Germany
17 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2012 :  14:58:54  Show Profile
thank you very much Bob, thats raelly helpful!
itīs great how international this forum is!

kind regards
Johannes
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2012 :  17:04:37  Show Profile
To us in the UK, the idea that you'd need to be able to provide documentary evidence that a pre war car had originally had the option of 16" wheels before you could fit them legally 75 years later is very weird. And this rather smacks of the EU's proposals on roadworthiness testing that the FBHVC is monitoring on our behalf. See http://fbhvc.co.uk/2012/11/14/eu-proposals-on-roadworthiness-testing/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000