Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Restoration Project
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  16:03:07  Show Profile
In fact there was a tenth J2 found in the USA recently, J 3328, that was offered for sale on ebay, now in the hands of Roger Morse.

Regards

Robin

J2 J3666 & J3 3764
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  17:11:44  Show Profile
My son who is 17 and still learning to drive had his first MG drive ( on private land ) today. I explained that he had better start getting used to it so he can drive me around when I can no longer do so !
Maybe we should start a campaign to " get a young person driving a Triple M car in 2013 " or at the very least get one in the passenger seat. The future of our cars will depend on the next generation wanting to own and use them so the sooner we start encouraging them the better.
Hopefully there will not be too many J2's driving around with 4 inch OD tailpipes sticking out the back and boom boxes on the back shelf !
Sorry Wyn seem to have strayed off your topic here.
Terry
(damn cold driving a J2 in Sussex today !)
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  17:52:23  Show Profile
My son Peter Andrews (PA) born after I got the car will have my P type so hopefully he will carry on using it.... Terry A
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6140 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  18:31:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by tholden
Maybe we should start a campaign to " get a young person driving a Triple M car in 2013 " or at the very least get one in the passenger seat.

I fully agree and my younger daughter (who is 25) is aiming to be my regular navigator

And hopefully now that I feel I've got the hang of driving the J2 I can give her, and my older daughter, the opportunity to learn to drive it. But I think Mrs. J has decided that she'll just stick to passengering!

But the next generation is coming along nicely

EDIT: Hmmm....photo uploading doesn't seem to be working?
EDIT: Still not working?

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 01/12/2012 20:13:32
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  19:31:44  Show Profile
If anyone is interested in the benefits of geteting involved in navigation at a young age, you might like to read the piece about Annabelle Jones in a recent edition of the Automobile.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  21:17:33  Show Profile
When I arrived home after passing my driving test, I was sent straight out, alone in the PB. (17 yrs old). I am indebted to dads confidence, now 36 I m hooked, it's been my every day car, trials car, race car....I used it his week when the modern failed

My plea is let them have a go, not just navigate...then the bug really bites!

Our latest project fired into life this month. Our restored PA will shortly be on the road in the hands of my sister. And my wife drove the PB for the first time a few weeks back too.

Attracting youth Maybe worth it's own topic, rather than hyjacking this one

Mark Dolton

Edited by - Dolts on 01/12/2012 21:56:51
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000