Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Buying via the Internet- Good/Bad.?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  11:14:07  Show Profile
I have read of recent scam parts adverts on the internet.

I've been on Ebay since 2003. No real bad experiences and a great many positives.
This last month I've been mucked about by a seller who peddled junk and dragged out a list of excuses for a month.
Finally, I got my money back.

Same with a buyer. Raised issue that a professionally reconditioned head was faulty. (Company has never received a complaint before) and no mention of a problem at the time.
He BOUGHT AND FITTED ANOTHER HEAD.
THIS COSTS HIM TWICE AS MUCH.
He has completely SIDESTEPPED the Ebay resolution terms.
Engineering company is concerned and NOW can't investigate/offer to replace part.
Without a shred of evidence..
Buyer comes back a week later citing PayPal protection.

Both these instances are much simplified accounts.
I just feel, as money is tight, that there are those using the internet who are getting more doggedly evasive and stretching goodwill to the absolute limit.

The internet is becoming THE GLOBAL trading post.
As I said, generally great.
Any suspicious instances to share, for the greater good?

Edited by - spitfire on 10/12/2012 16:10:09

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  11:32:33  Show Profile
Hi,

No need to be worried about buying on the internet. Its no different to applying caution when buying via any channel, there are always things and people to watch out for.

I launched many online / ecommerce sites, Currently work for a leading UK travel company, this year our online sales exceeded all other channels for the first time. Each transaction in the region of £1000's. So yes its growing but so is security and governance etc to protect.

Ebay is fantastic, but also can be difficult to be clear on exactly what your purchasing.

As normal, be diligent on who your dealing with, rather than put off from online sales.

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000