Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG NB BPX 709
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TomDrewett

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  15:27:09  Show Profile
A friends father sent me these 2 photos of an NB he had back in the 60's, is the car known to still be in existence ?

[/url]

[/url]

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  15:44:19  Show Profile
Hi Tom
I my copy of the register it is chassis number NA 0895 and resides in Canada (but that may have changed since my copy is not bang up to date).
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  16:19:06  Show Profile
It has not changed. I have sent a message to the current owner to alert him to this thread.

Lew Palmer
Go to Top of Page

TomDrewett

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  19:36:26  Show Profile
Thanks both, he will be pleased to know it still exists. If the current owner wants to be in contact they would be welcome, maybe it can fill a couple of gaps in the history. Former owner is in Australia, following many years in South Africa.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  10:49:09  Show Profile
This is a quite rare 2 seat NB which is one of only 98 built - I wonder how many survive.

George
L2023 and NA0960
Nr Buclingham, UK
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  21:23:48  Show Profile
Hi George and everyone. I just bought another NB 2-seater (3 NB 2-seaters in 3 months, simply unbelievable), and this one too is known to the register being NA 0954. After a complete refurbishment in our workshop, I'll put it up on the web-site, or it can be seen completed at the Int. Classic Car show at the NEC in November. A really original car that deserves a new lease of life, which it will get.
I believe I may have sold BPX 709 to Canada, when I was a boy!!

Go to Top of Page

pmullen

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  22:01:09  Show Profile
BPX 709 is alive and well and living on the west coast of Canada. Car recently traveled under its power for the first time in the 38 years I have owned the NB. Car was acquired from Barry Walker in January 1974. I appreciate the photos that have been brought to light and would love to find out more about the history of BPX 709. I am interested in finding where the car was originally registered and info on color of car and interior when new but do not know how to research this. I will send updated pictures soon.

Pat Mullen
NA0895 1033
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  23:35:10  Show Profile
Hi Pat

Welcome to the Triple-M web site.

The MG Car Club in Abingdon keep all the chassis files and can supply a copy of these for a small fee - John Innes is the person to contact.

I note from the Register that your car carries the easrly Register number 335 -I can supply you with a Triple-M badge engraved with this number. The application form can be downloaded from our web site. You will also be able to see the information on our bi-monthly Bulletin

If you can supply us with a photo of the car we can put this on the pictures pages.

Best regards

George
L2023 and NA0960 - 2 seater!
Nr Buckingham
George

Go to Top of Page

TomDrewett

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  13:58:07  Show Profile
Pat, the former owner I refer to in the posting is happy to be contacted and may be able to fill in a couple of gaps, I will send you a mail offline with his e-mail address.

regards

Tom
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000