Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PA 0921, BPG296 - seeking some history
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gordclark

Canada
170 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2012 :  16:29:50  Show Profile
I’m hoping to get some help from earlier members of The Register.

I’ve come to a dead end trying to pin down some kind of history for PA0921. Fortunately, this PA had been registered in 1964 with the MMM Reg by a previous owner - W.C. MacKay.

According to the Essex County ‘card file’ BPG 296 was registered in May of 1934

I’ve checked with the Kittering people and the Essex County Records office, and everything seems to stop in the late 1960s. Evidently, the records do still exist but somewhere in the bowels of a dusty archive that nobody seems interested in looking into.

I’m OK from 1974 to today, but the blank period is from the late 1960s to 1974, when Fred Ganshaw of Milton NY imported the car. Prior to his importing the car and in the UK, I can’t be sure that W.C. MacKay was the owner between the late 1960s and when the car was exported to the US in 1974, and its that period that I am addressing.

Somewhere along the line, the original engine 1175AP has been substituted with what appears to be a factory rebuild, un-numbered, and with weld mark in several places, and I'd love to know more about that!

I would be grateful if any member has any knowledge of my car or if perhaps they might have known W.C. MacKay

Gord Clark
Rockburn, Qué.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000