Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 People who know Brownie
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  11:37:30  Show Profile
Hi guys,
For all those people who know Brownie or have heard about him, or heard him !! he had quite a bad stroke yesterday. It happened in a pub which will surprise no one, so at least they got him to Poole Hospital quickly for the appropriate treatment. It has affected his right side and speech, and now we just have to wait to see how things will progress.

Regards
David D

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  16:59:42  Show Profile
What a difference 24 Hrs makes with the right treatment !!!!
Jill has just rung me after visiting Grandad in Poole, and the change is miraculous. The clot busting treatment seems to have done what it was supposed to do. He can apparently walk quite well and talk now and may be home next weekend. All we need now, as Jill says, is a personality transplant. Will pass on any info as it comes to me.

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  17:31:26  Show Profile
Sorry to read your news David, but the update looks rather better - please pass on regards from me and DPB140!

Graham

"I'd rather be happy than right anyday" Slartybartfast, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  05:13:12  Show Profile
Brownie Update from Jill, Monday evening.
He's in very good form keeping the whole ward entertained! Long term memory and movement seem to be ok. His speech is good with just a few 'searches for words' occasions, but I guess it's early days yet. No news on when they are likely to let him out out, he seems quite happy says the food is ok and that he's NOT missing his pint!!

Regards
David D

Edited by - Dow on 08/01/2013 05:14:27
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  12:27:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by D Downes

No news on when they are likely to let him out

Regards
David D

Do you mean they're going to?

Graham

"I'd rather be happy than right anyday" Slartybartfast, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 08/01/2013 12:28:15
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  17:43:54  Show Profile
Thanks for the posts Graham. I've passed on your good wishes ? to the old bu--er.

Its all a bit worrying now as if you write something a bit rude or contraversial and think better of it in the cold light of day you can't edit it anymore.
Can't we go back to how it was as both you and I Graham have got out of trouble with an edit.
As long as your happy thats what counts Graham !

Regards
David D
Wrote "you and me" but edited it just in time !!!!!!!

Edited by - Dow on 08/01/2013 17:47:57
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  19:51:45  Show Profile
Hi David
I would probably have edited such poor grammar on your behalf!
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  06:14:50  Show Profile
Latest update from Jill on Tuesday evening:-
Brownie Update
We're hoping he will be allowed home tomorrow after he's been assessed by the Dr. He can move everything and walks ok and although he can grip with his right hand the stroke has left him with no sensation in it, which may or may not return. This of course can be a problem with hot items so I'll have to keep an eye on him. His speech is ok, sometimes gets fragmented when he's tired. He's getting fed up in hospital now and for once longing for the comforts of home!
Will let you know
Jill x

Thanks Nick, I will get a few of the boys, when they post on this forum, to try and slip a bit of "poor grammar" past the webmaster like what I nearly did yesterday! Does speling count as well ?

Regards
David D

Edited by - Dow on 09/01/2013 06:23:19
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  13:40:40  Show Profile
Absolootly!
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  16:55:52  Show Profile
Thanks Nick.
Getting back to the original posting.
I spoke to Dave just now and he is home. Quite tired but his speech is almost back to normal. No driving for some time.
No more updates needed I hope

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000