Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Door Threshold strip
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3239 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  17:39:31  Show Profile
Is the door threshold strip, which I believe is stamped with MG Car Co Ltd, the same size for both P and N types?

Was the strip made from aluminium and what size was the lettering?

Any info much appreciated.

George

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  18:51:19  Show Profile
Search 'MG NA door threshold' from last November.

Bob.
Go to Top of Page

matchlessg80cs

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  18:51:41  Show Profile
Hi George - please see my earlier thread on the technical forum...

http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6219

It would be great if someone could make up a batch !

Al
Go to Top of Page

Bodger

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  19:52:32  Show Profile
Aluminium threshold strips with lettering are available for the usual suspects and from T-type part suppliers as they were used on TA/TB/early TC. I found they needed to be cut down in length to fit a PA.

Jonathan Welch
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3239 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  11:49:16  Show Profile
Thanks Al and Bob for the prompt - I should have remembered the topic!

Have been in touch with Tom Metcalf who plans to have 8 sets made up for the N, cost a little over $100. Tom usually comes over for MG Spares day at Stoneleigh.

George
L2023 and NA0960

Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  18:40:14  Show Profile
Hi Guys,

I have not made firm plans for Stoneleigh yet as the airlines seem to think they need to make money or something nowadays. However, I should be at Silverstone for the rain.

I'm also not sure if the batch will be finished, but it should. Also, these are very nice stainless steel plates - not aluminum as original, and patterned after an original I have. No guarantee they will fit your car perfectly but if the door openings are as original they should be very close. They are far different than J/P/L/T, etc.

Pic is on the original thread.

tommm in cold Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Steve Cooper

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  18:48:26  Show Profile
George. If I were you, I would talk to Mike Dowley. The ones he supplies are excellent and are cheaper than the price you have mentioned. Jonathan is right, they will need to be adjusted to fit.
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  16:59:44  Show Profile
Steve & George,

As you no doubt aware, everyone knows that you can get the aluminium threshold strips from the usual suppliers these are " one size fits all ? I have a set of Tom’s stainless steel ones for the N type. All the guys doing L CC’s have ordered ones for their cars as well. The threshold strips are shorter for the LCC’s so I sent the profile of the body panel and the old threshold plate to have these made to pattern. There is no comparison, you pay’s your money you take your choice. Regards…. Terry A
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  22:45:52  Show Profile
To further Terry's point, and to show the N-Type difference, here's a shot of the standard supplied T-Series plate (in plastic) on top of my NB plate.

tommm - warming back up Ohio

Go to Top of Page

taterry

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  00:16:58  Show Profile
More to this thread, My NA which was imported to the USA in 1935 had no evidence that it ever had these plates...it now has a pair of Tommms SS p;ates but I guess my bad as for as the OP is concerned!! ;-)
Terry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000