Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M.G. Spares Day, 2013,
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  21:18:10  Show Profile
I share a stand with Brian Rainbow selling mainly T-Type parts. I keep a few items which may interest MMM owners as follows:
Front spring pins in SAE/AINSI 8620 material £13.50 each, Laser cut tab washers for same at £1 each. Laser cut tab washers for rear hub and diff at £1 each. Phosphor bronze trunnions (1/4" slot)at £7.50 each. I make no personal gain from these items - the small mark up goes to fund my website www.ttypes.org and my bi-monthly magazine 'Totally T-Type 2' http://ttypes.org/ttt2 which is the largest circulation T-Type magazine im the world.
Our stand is directly opposite Barry Walker's stand.
JOHN JAMES PB0722, J3656, TC0750.
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  21:50:19  Show Profile
Sorry, I should also have mentioned that I will have some bi-directional transils on sale at £3.00 each.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  22:02:21  Show Profile
Thanks John,

Look forward to catching up with you and Brian .

Regards
Dick
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2013 :  18:15:18  Show Profile
First impressions of the Spares Day were that the MGB is receding into the past, much like our cars, with the material on selling stands being more F / TF / ZR / ZS / ZT than before.

Fewer exhibitors than before, both inside and outside, much more vacant space in the halls. Take away the new tool suppliers and not that much would remain. Very few sellers of cars.

Excellent display and stand from the Octagon Club - who were selling MMM books, unlike the MGCC and MMM bits as well.

Good to meet some MMM members - perhaps we should each wear a large badge like that of Chairman Morbey?

Expensive at £12:00?

Bob.

Go to Top of Page

mgmog

United Kingdom
467 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2013 :  21:19:24  Show Profile
I have not been to a parts day in several years, easier to just order parts from the big guys, but the small guys need it to make themselves known, I had my shocks done on the T years ago by a guy who was at a show, instruments also. Was hoping to find some good 2nd hand parts for P shocks, but it wasnt to be. Anyway, the place was buzzing most of the morning, and judging by the mass of white beards at Andy Kings stand come lunch time, I guess a lot of MMM T-Type people there. It would be nice if there were more of a feel of Beaulieu: but we should ask the prices of a stand, web presence of people like B-hive and VMGparts etc will not have an effect. Agree shame not more year books on the club stand.
Thanks to a couple of suppliers who brought pre ordered parts, and to see a couple of old friends, it was certainly worth it for me, not sure if I had a working car though. biggest shock was the lack of chickens, I usualy go for 2 days and exhibit Orpingtons. just me tuppence worth.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2013 :  22:22:44  Show Profile
Hello Bob

I did glimpse you a couple of times during the day but wasn't able to catch up with you. Better wear a smaller badge next year!

Dick
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Jamie Dowley

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2013 :  08:55:52  Show Profile
Great to see so many customers in person yesterday, the turnout from MMM owners was excellent. I think Stoneleigh has become the number one show in the calender now, and certainly from a business point of view it was our busiest ever show within the last 10 years. Its well organised , efficient and economical, I think MG Silverstone could learn a thing or two from Stoneleigh, albeit I accept Silverstone is a lot more than just a traders event.
See you next year!

Sports & Vintage Motors
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2013 :  09:07:38  Show Profile
Hopefully by next year I will have the J2 in Cyprus repatriated to the UK. See you all then.

Chris ( J2353 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2013 :  10:44:06  Show Profile
One of the pleasures of attending the show is the chance to catch up with fellow Triple-M owners from both the UK and Europe.

It was a pity there was not one of our cars on show!

George
L2023 and NA0960
Nr Buckingham
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2013 :  14:01:04  Show Profile
I couldn't agree more Jamie, we doubled our sales over last year, and can only thank all the MMM & early 'T' series owners that made the trip and supported us; and for the very many who said that once again we had the most 'interesting' stand at the show. That's just down to the diversity of what we brought and I'm glad it was appreciated. (I'd love to have bought half-a-dozen MMMs George, but I've only one pair of eyes & ears!)
'MG Silverstone' certainly needs evaluating from a business point of view, now we're down to one & half days, but we'll do our best.

Again, thanks to you all.

Regards, Barry Walker.
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2013 :  14:05:54  Show Profile
Sorry....change that from 'bought' to 'brought'.....but there again, perhaps I mean both....HA!

Barry W..
Go to Top of Page

Keith Gosden

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2013 :  13:19:35  Show Profile
Hi, Sunday was the first time that my wife and I had attended Stoneleigh and we BOTH found it very useful. It is good to note that those who are selling are finding it good as this will ensure it happens again next year. Our only comment was that even with the very good map it was hard to find stalls as some did not have the company name on them and others had it tucked on the front of the stand with lots of bodies in front! A taller banner would be good if the organisers allow. Other than that a good day and we managed to meet some of the Norfolk MMM members and also put faces to some new names.

Keith & Kate Gosden
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000