Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Brooklands 1931
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tholden

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2013 :  13:39:53  Show Profile
The Motor Cycling Club ( MCC ) held a 1 hour trial at Brooklands on the 26th September 1931 in which a number of MG's were entered. I am trying to find whether there are any reports or additional information anywhere on this trial over and beyond the programme info which I have.
If anyone has any magazines covering this period or any ideas where I might find some info I would be very grateful to hear from you.
Many thanks

TH

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2013 :  14:51:31  Show Profile
try http://www.austinharris.co.uk/event/MCC-Members-Day
Graham
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2013 :  16:52:54  Show Profile
Thanks Graham.
That picture is of event 4 on that day and I am interested in event 1 where a number of MG's were entered in Class L for cars up to 850 cc.
I have already asked Austin if there are any other pics of that day.
Thanks nevertheless for your help.
Much appreciated.
Terry
Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2013 :  17:22:15  Show Profile
The November 1931 edition of Motor Sport has a one page article on this event.
It lists the following drivers of Midgets as having gained golds: Waterfield, Whitnal & Toulmin in the first one hour trial and Robson, Armstrong, Taylor, Denton, Gardner and A D Chetwynd in the second trial.
It also states that the Hon A D Chetwynd won a two lap handicap race.
HTH
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2013 :  22:50:49  Show Profile
Thanks Andrew. I have kindly been sent a scan of the MS page but no mention of the entrant I am seeking.Does anyone have the Boddy Book on Brooklands that may have something?
Any other mag reviews also helpful if anyone has access to old copies.
Thanks
Terry
Go to Top of Page

ags

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2013 :  00:38:34  Show Profile
Hi Terry,

I do have a copy of the correct volume of Boddy's History and have scanned the relevant page (p468). I attach the image to this post but I think that it adds little or nothing to what you know. The last section makes interesting reading though!

Andrew Smith - MMM571

Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2013 :  10:56:15  Show Profile
There is a small snippet on this event in Peter Garnier's book 'The Motor Cycling Club', however no mention of MGs. There is reference to one R A Macdermid, who won the Motor Cycle event on a Brough Superior, receiving the Harry Smith Challenge Trophy. Goldie Gardner ran the fastest car, a Rover no less! V L Seyd won the car event on an Austin 7 - would he be Leslie Seyd, later driver of MGs?

Graham

"I'd rather be happy than right anyday" Slartybartfast, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 22/01/2013 11:00:07
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000