Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Any photos of very original P type sold last year?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6176 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  09:09:30  Show Profile
This very original low mileage P type sold last year and I believe it featured in an article in MG Enthusiast Magazine. Does anyone have any other photos of the car showing the hood, especially the interior of the hood and the way it's secured (if it is) to the hood frame?

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 09/01/2013 09:09:47

philvwbay

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  14:03:28  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6176 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  14:21:41  Show Profile
Many thanks for these, philvwbay, they're very helpful.
Go to Top of Page

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  17:59:19  Show Profile
Thanks for posting so many interesting Photos, Phil.

There goes my morning! I found the one taken from above the rear axle interesting. It shows a route of the fuel lines that I wasn't aware of. I only knew of the other two routes that was utilized on the P-Types at this point, below the chassis, and above the chassis and clipped behind the petrol tank on top of the chassis.

Plenty of interest for the Originallity Police.

Brian.

Edited by - Brian Kelly on 09/01/2013 18:01:33
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  18:25:52  Show Profile
Brian,

Are you confusing the battery cables with fuel lines?

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3251 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  19:15:20  Show Profile
Brian,
Where do you see the routing of fuel lines in that photo? I saved all of the photos of that car and have one other that seems to show the two "lines" to which I think you refer. To me they look like battery cables.

Lew Palmer
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2568 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  19:23:01  Show Profile
So she did eventually make her way to Lewes! I had hoped my spies would let me know & I'd have gone mad with my camera.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  04:05:29  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Green

Brian,

Are you confusing the battery cables with fuel lines?

Peter.

Peter and Lew,

Yes, indeed. Total confusion. Did I mention it was early morning?????????????? ............

Thanks, gentlemen.

Brian.
Go to Top of Page

Matthew Magilton

Australia
179 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  07:20:04  Show Profile
Anyone have a photo of that tool kit?

Matthew.
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  09:13:58  Show Profile
What - this one?

and another view...

Graham

"I'd rather be happy than right anyday" Slartybartfast, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6176 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  09:43:57  Show Profile
These are all fascinating photos. Does the registrar know where the car now is and would it be possible for a thorough photo session to be done before the car gets restored and some of the details related to originality are perhaps lost for ever?
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  10:45:07  Show Profile
Lovely pictures/details for those rebuilding a P type.

Any photos of the under bonnet area and firewall?

George
L2023 and NA0960
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  15:25:42  Show Profile
Brian/all

I have sent a request to the owner suggeting that a Register rep visit him with a camera to gather detailed images for inclusion in our database of images project. Brian's pictures may very well give us most of what we need - Brian could you please get in touch off-line so we can compare notes?

Thanks
Dick
Go to Top of Page

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  16:19:25  Show Profile
Just an observation.

I've noticed how often the front carburettor jet lever link (the bracket between the carb and the choke lever) is fitted (I think ) incorrectly, Often the the link is fitted the same way round as the rear carb.

The picture above of the front carb. I believe shows the correct way round.

Keith
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3251 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  22:51:59  Show Profile
I also notice that on Brian's first set of pictures the first photo pretty clearly shows return springs on both choke levers. I was always under the impression that no springs were fitten on Triple-M carbs.

Lew Palmer
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
506 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  00:15:04  Show Profile
Back to Simon's original question, last year I discovered from a very original black PB with the original twill hood/top still intact, the material was attached to the rear hood/top bow in the exact same manner as TC's. In the first photo of the thread there are 2 peaks where the screws are mounted through the material seams and bows. The 2 fasteners were slotted flat head brass with leather washers under brass flanged finishing washers.

The PB had the same arched rear window (backlite) and the entire piece was bound with very thin, shiny black PVC. Looks like this one is bound with hood/top material like later T-Series. As I recall, the rear window shape was very similar to the door panel openings but larger.

In Brian's 10 points, I would add that (#4) Starters were typically flash nickel plated. (#9) the dash lamps indeed had a bluish plastic lens. As far as engine color goes, I wonder if this car still has original pistons indicating perhaps it has never been out for a rebuild??

That's it from Ohio tommm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000