Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Octagon Heaven
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  14:13:22  Show Profile
Glad you got sorted out, David. To be honest I never thought of checking if it worked with IE - I simply never use it except for Windoz updates. Chrome and/or Firefox (I use both) are just so much snappier (there's a joke there for Safari users in iOS!)

And Dick, I doubt if anyone has paid for a browser since the 1990s! I recall paying about two hundred quid for a package of a 14.4kbs modem and a copy of the Netscape Navigator browser in 1996!
Go to Top of Page

Peter Frost

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  12:58:47  Show Profile
If you're clicking the links in the PDF and they go no where. Try the following. Make sure you have downloaded and installed Adobe reader version 11. Please note, from Windows eight the links don't work if you access the triple M site from the start screen ("Metro" - the place with all the apps. It'll work if you open from the desktop.

from Win 8 start screen click Explorer > go to the triple M home page > right click and click the spanner icon at the bottom right of the screen > choose open on desktop.

if you have Adobe reader 11.x installed all links should be accessible. Happy browsing Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  14:53:22  Show Profile
Thanks, Peter. Nick and I are working on changing the index for this and the MG Magazine to a web page rather than a PDF which should solve a lot of these problems. Not least of which is that I can't access them from my iPad!
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  22:00:30  Show Profile
Thanks Simon and Nick for all your efforts in making these articles available. Like Simon, I look forward to the web version so I can use my iPad.
John R
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2542 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  23:33:54  Show Profile
Maybe I'm being thick (situation normal!), but I can get neither OH or MG Mag.

I get their indexes but, strangely, in a more sophisticated, arty crafty black type on beige background & it doesn't matter if I single or double click, nothing changes.

To give the experts full diagnostic details, I'm running Vista Home Premium, 32 bit & Adobe Reader X on a Dell desktop &, like Dick, Firefox.

Frustated of Lewes,

Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2013 :  13:05:10  Show Profile
Hi Dave
Try this: Go to Tools - Options, click on the Applications tab. Scroll down until you see "Portable Document Format" under Content (ignore the first ones under "Adobe"), click on the item and you will see a down arrow appear, click on that and select "Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)"
Any better now?
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

mglesum

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2013 :  18:50:53  Show Profile
Hello,
can anyone explain, how it works on a MAC?
MMM,
KlauS.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2542 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2013 :  19:48:21  Show Profile
Many thanks Nick.

Bizarrely when I tried it first on OH there was no change. I then tried it on MG Mag & it worked. Returning to OH it then worked there as well. All's well when ends are well!

Thanks again,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2013 :  17:50:22  Show Profile
I have completed the rewrite of the index into web-page form which should prove faster to load and easier to navigate. Have a look at "Documents Online - Octagon Heaven"
Please let me know if you find any errors.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2013 :  17:52:59  Show Profile
Brill, Nick, it now works on my iPad!
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2542 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2013 :  19:11:46  Show Profile
Works perfectly on Vista. Many thanks Nick.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

mglesum

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2013 :  21:01:57  Show Profile
Thank you Nick. Now it works also on my MacBook.
MMM
KlauS.
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2013 :  22:19:46  Show Profile
Many thanks, Nick.
Working perfectly on the iPad.
John R
Go to Top of Page

mglesum

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2013 :  16:46:46  Show Profile
Hello Nick,
can you do the same for the MG Magazine?
MMM,
KlauS.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2013 :  17:00:13  Show Profile
I was just about to send Nick a reworked index for the Magazine so hopefully we'll get this one working better as well.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000