Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Isobel McLachlan RIP
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2013 :  18:23:15  Show Profile
Triple-M friends will be saddened to learn that Colin McLachlan's wife Isobel died yesterday, 12th March.

Colin says:
"The MG PA has been a big part of our life together, and Isobel was very supportive when our small breakaway group formed the beginnings of what was to become the very successful Caledonian Centre.

"We were both involved in the organisation of the first few Two Day Rallies which subsequently became the Three Day Tours in early May each year. Isobel particularly enjoyed setting fiendishly cryptic observation clues for the runs. We honeymooned together by going on an Octagon Lake District weekend in August 1991. When packing the PA, I carefully left the hood till last, so that it would be on top of the luggage and readily available when it inevitably started to rain. We were a hundred miles down the road when I realised it was still sitting on the garage floor! Needless to say it rained most of the weekend, but the marriage survived.

"Isobel also helped me with last year's Border Reivers' Raid, in spite of being not as strong as she used to be.

"From mid-February her health started to decline rapidly, but she was still able to have visits from many family members, to say her goodbyes. In the final few days she told me that she was ready to go, and thankfully this wish was fulfilled before she started to suffer any serious pain or indignity.

"I shall contact you all again soon with funeral details. Obviously many of you will be unable to travel to the funeral; don't worry, I understand. The likely date is Friday 23 March, around mid-day, at Parkgrove Crematorium, near Arbroath, but I shall confirm this. We don't want any flowers, but Isobel requested that money you might have spent on flowers should instead be donated to Cancer Research UK, or MacMillan Cancer Support."

Here are two pictures taken in happier times

We offer sincere condolences to Colin and his family.
Dick Morbey

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2013 :  14:09:42  Show Profile
Thank you, Dick. I realise it is too far for most off you, but the funeral will be at Parkgrove crematorium (directions here) on Friday 22 March at 12.30pm. It's a bit early in the season, but a there will be a free malt whisky for anyone coming in a Triple M .

Isobel always enjoyed dressing up in appropriate period costume for shows!

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2013 :  18:09:28  Show Profile
Hi Colin,

Just a note to say how sorry we were to hear about Isobel. Isobel and I had chats about our conditions fighting the Big C on the Borders Raid and I look back on the event as the highlight of 2012. At that time I was able to drive again and use the P type on the event. Things are a little different for me now. It is you and Margaret as partners who see the other side of things who really have a lot to go through during our health battles, so our thought go out to you at this sad time. Our very best wishes Terry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000