Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG R-Type photo help request...
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cowley

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2013 :  13:16:35  Show Profile
I have just acquired another original period photo, and could do with some assistance collating as many details as possible on the subject.

All I know is that it is an MG RA-Type and that it was possibly taken at Crystal Palace in the late 1930s. It came from the same source as my other recent photo discussed elsewhere - it even has the same photographer's stamp on the reverse.

As there are so many links between the two images - Crystal Palace, John Everard Ltd (the photographer), and the late 1930s, I wonder if this too was taken at the 1938 London Grand Prix as the other photo I mentioned above?

Checking the results from the event I noticed that Bill Esplen was entered (with W Wilkinson?) in the same meeting in an MG RA-Type (RA0256) at Nš12, and finished 8th in Heat 2 and 8th In the Final.

As such, have I just answered my own question before anyone else has had an opportunity to submit anything?

Edited by - Cowley on 26/03/2013 13:48:14

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2013 :  18:11:02  Show Profile
Hi David

The Triple-M Register shows that RA0256 is the ex Bill Esplen car and the current owner is Malcolm Beer, and of course the topic of your other photo J4007 is also in the Beer collection.

George
L2023 and NA0960
Go to Top of Page

Cowley

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2013 :  19:30:37  Show Profile
Well that's a nice coincidence isn't it George?

Cowley

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2013 :  08:33:09  Show Profile
It would seem from the lack of any conflicting posts, that the MG RA-Type shown in the photo above is indeed RA0256 then. Certainly most of the other images of that car within the Historical section of the gallery seem to correspond to a white coloured car.

Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000