Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 That's told it.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigtony12461

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2013 :  17:36:24  Show Profile
The car has pointed out to me that the greasing of its nipples is long overdue.
I've pointed out to it that the temperature is reading 1 deg C, and that the chance of any nipple greasing in that temperature is nil.

Tony
NA0795

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2013 :  00:27:56  Show Profile
At the risk of seeming picky, I trust you mean "oiling" rather than "greasing" (except for the propshaft universals of course). I just pumped SAE 120 into the PA's oiling system and it seemed to flow to the rear trunnions OK. That car was taken for a very very cold voluntary MOT last Friday - it passed.

I'll be doing the same fettling for NA 0934 preparatory to the run to the Annual Dinner and Brooklands MG Day next weekend.

Bob Clare
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2013 :  20:49:34  Show Profile
Tony, Bob

Oiling the chassis is a summer time job for me. It is a very messy job. Well it is the way I do it. So I prefer to do it when it is warm.

I did get a 30 mile run the other day when there was no salt on the road. It was very cold but very enjoyable nonetheless. . Today I did a little routine maintenance in preparation for the run down to Farnham Royal / Weybridge next Saturday. I guess that I am going to have to accept that the P will get covered in salt, as the forecast continues to be sub-zero temperatures each night.

Looking forward to next weekend, Peter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000