Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 F types and J types
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gideon

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  13:35:10  Show Profile
Hi everybody,

I know that it's a long shot, but I am looking for any history and/or photographs that anyone might have on any or all of the following cars:

1) MG F1 Magna ( registration PJ6761 )
2) MG F1 Magna ( registration MJ348 )
3) MG J2 ( registration FW3661 )
4) MG J2 ( registration MG2094 )

Please, please, please, if you do happen to have some old photos or you know anything / have information on any of the above cars, please could you let me know......... please?

With many thanks in advance,

Gideon

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  17:01:46  Show Profile
Hi Gideon

PJ6761 does not appear in the 2012 printed Register
MJ348 is F0726 which is shown as being owned by you
FW3661 is J2915 which is shown in the Register
MG2094 is J2826 which is also shown in the Register

George
L2023 and NA0960
Go to Top of Page

Gideon

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  21:41:18  Show Profile
Hi George,

Thank you very much for responding to my post. I have copies of the details held by the register on these cars and as you pointed out, I am the proud custodian of MJ348. I remain hopeful that a reader of this might hold the key to some other part of the history to any of these cars. How much more exciting and fulfilling does our perseverance and restoration become when we can fill in the most minuscule of gaps in our cars' histories!? One small photo of a random car (to me) might mean the world to the current owner. I hope that someone has something out there in the way of such history that might mean the world to me. Thanks again George!

I hope that you are getting ready for an overdue period of good weather and MMM driving.

With best regards,

Gideon
Go to Top of Page

Enfield Allday

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  23:48:47  Show Profile
Re MJ registration details, write to Bedford Archives.
They may be able to send you copy of register which will give date of number issue, name and address of owner, dealer and address, make & model but the register does not have Ch. no.
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2013 :  16:19:27  Show Profile
One thing I encourage is the contual updating of a diary, I personally have six diaries going for each of my classics, I put all relevent details of the car itself plus topical information of the day ( eg, the recent death of M. Thatcher )which makes for intersting reading and a time line of the car and its owners history, these of course will be passed on at the appropriate time to the new owner. I am lucky that I have just obtained the J2 ' lost ' in Cyprus, with the owners widow able to give me the history at least back to the early 1960s when he bought the car. I am back to Cyprus next month ( if it still exists )to collect, catalogue and photograph, in preparation to returning to the UK later this year.

Chris ( J2353 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000