Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Rolling roads?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  17:19:54  Show Profile
Pleased to report that PA 0743 is back on the road again after its inexcusable bad behaviour last Autumn when it suffered a piston seizure (as too did its driver - well nearly...)

The problem may have been caused by poor mixture setting, so I plan to put the car onto a rolling road as soon as possible.

Does anyone know of one in the Bucks/Berks/Oxford/West London area that would be able to deal with the vagaries of Triple-M cars?

Thanks

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  15:35:45  Show Profile
Thanks Paul,

Yes, you are quite right - PA0743 doesn't (yet) have a blower - so my aim is just to ensure that she's set up and breathing correctly for general road use. Maybe the use of a rolling road would be overdoing things, and perhaps all I need is an SU wizard?

What do members think?
Go to Top of Page

mgmog

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  15:54:59  Show Profile
A bit of overkill using a road to set up su carbs I would think, If you follow any su book on setting the balance and have the correct needles, then the engine should run ok at full throttle. If you cannot balance them then it points to an air leak, either on the body of the carb or manifold. Its quite easy to play with the carbs, but try and keep the temperature stable, have plenty of breaks to cool you and the engine down. Try also to have the same fuel mixture, if you use 4 star its higher octane than old 4, more nearer 5 star, I have been advised to run half a tank of 4 star and half a tank unleaded, Easy to do if you are near a 4 star garage. Then every so often check the plugs are a good colour.
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  12:10:06  Show Profile
You cannot "read" plugs any more in Australia because our fuels leave them black irrespective. A local (friendly) carby chap has a set of rollers which can simulate constant speed or under-load situations (with a probe in the exhaust pipe) and charges (me) $20 (say 8 quid?)
Go to Top of Page

bob

United Kingdom
337 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  21:11:28  Show Profile
Bahnisch
Are there any triple m events in the Perth/Freemantle area over Easter? Coming over from UK (without car)and wouldn't mind joining in.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  13:44:19  Show Profile
Paul

The rolling road you refer to on Slough Trading Estate is not available for the next month as they have disposed of their old equipment and are waiting for a new computerised one to be delivered. For those people that are interested their contact details are Novatech, tel: 01753 696216.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  23:38:50  Show Profile
Bob, Sorry, do not know. Easter is our (maasive) annual National Meeting, this time in Launceston, Tasmania. Doubtless there will be quite a number of MMM cars there, mostly from Victoria (big MMM movement there) and probably some from NSW and maybe Qld. Some UK friends the Sundts and Burtons will be there, possibly others. John Hunting in Perth is probably Aust's foremost MMM man, in terms of restoration at least, and his friend Peter Briggs has a museum with some interesting MMM cars. Not sure of John's address, he is fairly busy but I am sure he would very much like to meet you.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  08:50:47  Show Profile
Bob,

If you are interested John Hunting's contact details are, address; 30, Kenny Drive, Duncraig 6023, Perth. tel/fax; 0061 89 448 5540.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

bob

United Kingdom
337 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  17:43:05  Show Profile
Many thanks to you both!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: