Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Miracle at Aldborough Forge
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigtony12461

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2013 :  09:09:04  Show Profile
Today a miracle was witnessed by Bob Walker and me. After a little checking of this and that, the “Old Las” was reassembled, the last part to replace being the rocker cover.

I was about to depart when I realised we hadn’t put the rev counter cable back. Oh dear. We all know the grief that the little bugger can bring, many a friendship torn apart, many a marriage left in the gutter of divorce. And I’m sure the odd MMM driven home at dusk with a cork shoved in the hole in an attempt to get home before midnight, the cable having won the battle.

I had remembered the orientation of the slot, “4 minutes past 12”, so Bob passed me the cable through the firewall, and I set the spade to “4 minutes past 12”, and inserted it through the hole, it went all the way, tightened the bolt, and that was that. Job done.

Bob was stunned. Had that really gone in first time? It sure had. Was it going to work? It can’t, something untoward must have happened to the cable. No, it worked.

We called Bob’s wife, Beth, out to witness our joy, delight and disbelief. She just thought we’d gone mad.

I’m still shock at the Miracle of Aldborough Forge.

Tony
NA0795

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3236 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2013 :  10:00:10  Show Profile
Hi Tony

Riveting tale, but did you go for a run and did you have of the usual post build niggles such as an oil leak etc?

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

bigtony12461

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2013 :  10:10:30  Show Profile
This was just a check up on this n that, not a full rebuild. I'm never niggle-less, although after a full engine rebuild only last year, I'm pretty well oil leak free. At least I don't have to wear a nappy when I visit friends with posh brick drives any more.
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2013 :  15:46:10  Show Profile
Bob is still stunned today.
So stunned he has gone off bell ringing [St Georges' day - as you all know]
He thinks that it might bring him back to reality!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000