Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Engine nose piece
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter Scully

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  19:14:54  Show Profile
Can anyone please explain how to get the rubber that lines the engine nose piece to chassis cross tube to fit without getting it pinched between the lower and upper halves? As I tighten up the lower half of the mounting the rubber gets squeezed out between the upper and lower halves, so preventing it from being fully tightened. Should I cut in into two halves, like a shell bearing?

Nick Feakes

USA
3423 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2006 :  12:25:49  Show Profile
Hi Peter
I just shortened mine a bit so that when pinched up tight it didn't protrude into the joint. Lots of trial and error. I don't think a small gap between the ends when the joint is tight will affect it.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
705 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2006 :  20:25:32  Show Profile
Peter,

I made up a cylindrical gasket from a fairly hard rubber sheet of a thickness to give a bit of nip but not so much that it squeezes out like you describe. As Nick says, it is trial and error but worth getting it right. Have a word with Barry Foster - he told me that he uses water hose of an appropriate thickness, and possibly cut like a shell bearing. The rubber/textile construction of water hose ensures the rubber keeps its shape and minimises distortion.

John R
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scully

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  12:57:48  Show Profile
Thanks guys. I was starting to think that it was just me doing something silly.

Peter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000