Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Shipper recommendations needed
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gene

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2013 :  12:39:59  Show Profile
Can anyone recommend a reputable shipper I can use to have a motor shipped by sea from the port of Southampton to the port of Baltimore, Maryland,USA?

I have a friend that will crate the engine for me and deliver it to Southampton, and I can pick it up in Baltimore as I live about an hour away.

Alternatively, are there any Americans on the list that can suggest a good shipper here in the USA that can handle this for me?

Between purchase and rebuilding in the UK, I've been waiting 5 years for this engine, consequently I'm a bit nervous about its transportation!

Thanks for any advice, Gene

Gene

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2013 :  13:14:47  Show Profile
mgtommm could be the best person to ask about this.

J2 J3666 & J3 3764
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2013 :  14:20:07  Show Profile
Ask Hugh Barnes (Orstin) as he bought my J2 a little over a year ago and had it shipped from Baltimore to Southampton. I believe the UK agent was Harms.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Ross Kelly

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2013 :  14:59:40  Show Profile
Hi, you could try
Peter Hayes at FWD Freight Services Ltd., 2nd. Floor, 30-32 Pall Mall, LIVERPOOL, L3 6AL

Telephone:……….0044 151 236 2006 FAX…….0044 151 236 1317 e.mail: PHayes@fwd-freight.co.uk (case sensitive)
I have found their service excellent
Cheers
Ross Kelly
Brisbane AUS
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
637 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2013 :  17:17:14  Show Profile
Lew is quite correct in his recollection, the shippers I used were EH Harms Inc - http://ehharmsusa.com/mainsite/ - they were very helpful. Their offices are actually in Baltimore..

Let me know if I can help with any other info...

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  01:57:10  Show Profile
Thanks for the replies.Harms was my first choice before contacting the forum, unfortunately they only deal with shipping complete cars, not parts of cars. For small freight, like my engine, they referred me to a company called Armada Services, also in Baltimore. I looked at their website and they are a very young and new business, versus Harms, which has been around forever. I'm a bit nervous about trying such a company and can't find reviews from other customers. May try the Liverpool company.

Gene
Go to Top of Page

Drolshagen

Germany
669 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  08:11:30  Show Profile
Hi Gene,

try DHL,German Post

http://sbw.dhl-usa.com/ratecalculator/HandlerServlet?CLIENT=RATES_REQUEST_DISPLAY&nav=GetRates&nav=RateQuote

cheers

Carl
J2 4362
L2 2036
Go to Top of Page

Drolshagen

Germany
669 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  08:16:27  Show Profile
Hi Gene,

here DHL UK base,

http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/shipping/get_rate_time_quote.html

cheers

Carl
Go to Top of Page

Gideon

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  17:23:51  Show Profile
Hi Gene,

I have plenty of experience with Martin Suddards of MJS Shipping. He ships whole cars, piles of bits and everything in between. He is professional to the extreme and takes the upmost care of his charges. He ships around the world and has been doing so for years. His contact details are as follows:
http://www.mjsshippingandtransport.co.uk/
+44 (0) 845 224 5362
martin@mjsshippingandtransport.co.uk

Good luck with your shipping needs.
Best regards.

Gideon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page