Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Two Hemispheres Rally, September 2015
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  16:59:04  Show Profile
Guys,

This is an invitation from the Vintage Minor Register to MMM members to join in a 'raid' to the Pacific Northwest of the USA in September 2015 - just over two years from now.

One of the unfortunate aspects of the Register is that we have two main communities of members – one in the UK and Europe, and the other in Australia and New Zealand. Apart from one or two visitors, it has never been possible to truly bring our antipodean members into the mainstream of our events. Until now.

This will be the 2015 VMR Two Hemispheres Rally. Here’s the basic plan. It is possible to fit six of our cars into a 40’ container – by double-decking the container, thereby dramatically reducing shipping costs. We therefore plan to ship at least one container from England and at least another from Australia/New Zealand in order to gather a dozen cars or more here in the Pacific Northwest for at least two weeks of concentrated rallying and touring, with the possibility of extending over four weeks for those who wish to stay longer. We will be visiting and touring the incomparable San Juan Islands where we will take a whale watching trip to meet the resident Orca pods, crossing Stevens Pass in the dramatic Cascade Mountains to visit the German town of Leavenworth and the beautiful Lake Chelan. We will cross Puget Sound to visit the Olympic Peninsula and mountains, we will visit Paradise, high on Mount Rainier, to see the incredible alpine flowers among the glaciers and we may also get up into British Columbia and Vancouver Island. And much, much more in this most spectacularly scenic corner of North America.

VMR HQ will host numerous social events during the rally and full maintenance facilities will be available onsite – as will a couple of spare Minors and several moderns for those not able to ship theirs (we would welcome any members – with or without their cars). I will shortly be initiating a regular Two Hemispheres monthly Newsletter to interested parties, so if you would like to be included in the circulation list (and with absolutely no obligation!), please simply contact me by e-mail at vintageminor@gmail.com

Detailed planning can then get under way, but in the meantime, I can promise that this will be the rally of a lifetime for those able to make it. And of course we will welcome members from across the US, Canada and elsewhere, and provide all possible logistics support where required. Lew, would you also extend this invitation to the NAMMM community for me.

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by - Ian Grace on 01/08/2013 17:01:47
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000