Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Have to say..
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NeilC

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2013 :  23:04:17  Show Profile
I'm rather in love with this..

http://www.classicargarage.com

My Healey 100 restoration is coming to an end, and it's beautiful but...

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  07:01:27  Show Profile
The only trouble with it is that the camshaft's in the wrong place...
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  07:03:46  Show Profile
The only trouble with it is that the camshaft's in the wrong place...
Go to Top of Page

etlanpa

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  08:54:55  Show Profile
and aren't the brakes tiny!
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  10:39:55  Show Profile
That hood does not fold away very neatly.

looks a nice car though, and being either a TA or TB it is eligible for VSCC events.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Ralph

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  14:50:28  Show Profile
Hi this is a TA Tickford , I owned a similar one in 1965, and my experiences are that although a beautiful show car, the rear bodywork, doors and coupe hood were very heavy for the light chassis and therefore all the sporty nature of the standard TA disappeared.
Ralph
Go to Top of Page

NeilC

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  17:57:21  Show Profile
Well yes it's not a proper MG is it. :) Still, lovely thing to look at. I asked and it's sold now. Back to looking at J2's and PB's..
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  19:29:00  Show Profile
Any MMM is superior to a pushrod MG and there is no more elegant MMM MG than a P-Type.

Discuss.

Bob.
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  20:04:09  Show Profile
Bit of a sweeping statement Bob!! as the owner of 2 triple m cars,a c type and an m type i also own a TC that my father bought in 1963 and i restored 10 years ago and have used since.They are a different beast to the mmm but have many good points.After doing the same journey in the TC that i have done in the mmm cars i certainly arrive in a less knackered state!! Agreed the TC may not have the revvy charecteristics of the mmm but its certainly alot more torquey and therefore alot less gearchanging and is capable of cruising at 70 stress free,and its rubber bushed suspension i find gives for a less harsh ride. Incidently the engine in my car is only to stage 1 and still has its factory cam. Added to which they have hydraulic brakes as standard!So dont knock a pushrod MG they have their good points)))
Go to Top of Page

gsrun

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  20:07:46  Show Profile
If by 'superior' you mean 'older' then I agree but much as I love my J2, it has misbehaved on many occasions in the three years since it has been restored as opposed to my '36 TA, which in over 40 years and 50,000mls has never suffered the indignity of being carried (or pushed) home and neither has my '38 Morris 10 Coupe which has the same MPJG engine (MPJM for the Morris).

Graham
J2598
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  22:27:38  Show Profile
I think someone put an N engine in one of these......
Foz
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2013 :  08:32:09  Show Profile
Torque vs talk. (o:
All the pre war MGs come from a great time in the development of the marque.
Yes, Cecil created, or lifted, the elements that made MG. It existed under the wealth being created by Morris, so led something of a charmed life.
MGs did keep developing and became more robust. More suited to Morris' desire to emulate Ford. He wanted dependable, economically produced cars for the masses. The two are chalk and cheese mechanically, on two different tangents.
Just as the P built on the (failings?) success of the J... It was MG cutting their teeth in the marketplace.
To put down the T types on camshaft issues is shun an MG that soon established itself as quite able to hold its own.
Aerodynamically, the Tickford is challenged, but beautiful, an echo of its age. More in the mould of the larger engined car though.
The more I see T types, the more I like them. It is our privilege to have a comparison. (o:
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2013 :  13:37:23  Show Profile
The camshaft remark was a joke
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2013 :  10:40:46  Show Profile
Andrew,

You should have learned by now that "Spitfire's" sense of humour works on a slightly different level to yours (and mine !)

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000