Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 'The Automobile'.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2014 :  15:55:29  Show Profile
Perhaps we should give Mr. Bell a ride out in some of our cars and educate him in their merits. He would then perhaps write a further article extolling their virtues!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  10:51:37  Show Profile
Simon
I think you will find that

1) all the articles referred to by TH were commissioned and the author paid for his work.

2) Safety Fast! relies on members preparing articles for publication.

George
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6119 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  13:02:03  Show Profile
George,

Thank you for clarifying this. In such circumstances I can well understand why the articles weren't in Safety Fast!, but it does rather raise the question of how the MGOC can do this and the MGCC can't.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  16:36:45  Show Profile
'Sir, no man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money'. Samuel Johnson. 1709 - 1784.

For anyone earning a living with words, a sentiment with which it is difficult to disagree.

Payment, though, does not guarantee quality - which is where this thread started.

Bob.

Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  18:42:47  Show Profile
In reply to Bob, payment certainly guaranteed quality in the case of Malcolm Green's articles!

Simon is right to pose the question. From memory, MGCC used to pay for the monthly cartoon (and may well still do), but I haven't seen the magazine for 4 years and I can hardly say that I've missed it. Is the priority, producing a decent monthly magazine to aid membership retention (which seems to be a problem for the MGCC) or are there other priorities which consume so much cash that there isn't any left to pay for decent articles?

JOHN JAMES (Editor, "Totally T-Type 2" http://ttypes.org/ttt2
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000