Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 The Automobile (again)!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  21:34:41  Show Profile
I wondered whether anyone had seen the November edition of 'The Automobile'?

There is a charming write-up of the Register's Welsh Marches event earlier this year by Peter McFadyen which also contains (just) 4 of the many pictures he took.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  10:13:50  Show Profile
I enjoyed the article but it's a pity that the Automobile chooses to print the photos at a rather small size. I intend to publish some more of Peter's Welsh photos in the February bulletin where there will be more scope for printing in colour.

I shall try to avoid the Automobile's trend towards putting several photos in a block with the captions running together in block below. Does anyone else find this irritating? If so, perhaps I should organize a protest.

Bob Richards
Bulletin Editor
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  11:19:18  Show Profile
Bob, I have less problem with that than with captions printed, in fairly small type, on the photo itself. Maybe it's the rheumy old eyes but, against the varied tones of the pic, they can sometimes be a struggle to read; particularly bad with B&W images, but not wonderful with colour!

Keep up the good work,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  14:42:52  Show Profile
And of course Peter McFadyen will be happy to sell you a pic of your car on the event. The cost is pretty reasonable!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000