Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PA hood cover detail
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keith Gosden

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2013 :  14:11:20  Show Profile
Hi,

I am about to have a new hood cover made for my 4 seater PA. Looking at the current design with Bryan Ditchman, he said that his recollection was that the strap that runs from front to back of the hood frame actually feeds through the two 'loops' on the number plate holder and is then secured with a buckle around the frame thus securing this in place when stowed away. There is then a way of fixing this to the hood cover but he was not sure how this was achieved.

If any one has detail or photos of how this should work / look like we would be most interested to see them (I will forward the info and any photos to him).

Many thanks.

Keith Gosden
PA 0909 - 4 seat tourer
Register No. 0742

Gary K

USA
270 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2013 :  15:19:36  Show Profile
Hi Keith
Here is a few photos of a PA. I do not know how original the hood style is.

Gary
J2 3670 & D 0263

http://blog.driversource.com/inventory/cars-for-sale
Go to Top of Page

Keith Gosden

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2013 :  15:55:04  Show Profile
Thanks Gary this is a good start. I will wait and see what else turns up .

Cheers

Keith Gosden
PA 0909 - 4 seat tourer
Register No. 0742
Go to Top of Page

willis

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2013 :  16:37:48  Show Profile
Keith,
The two loops on the number plate holder are for two leather straps to hold the hood and frame when down, can send more detail after Christmas

Ian willis
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2013 :  10:37:57  Show Profile
What do others make of the chassis plate on the car you've highlighted Garry?

It looks as though the restorer has used a replacement commercially available plate, already part stamped for a TC.

The engine number also seems to have been corrupted;

Happy New Year to one & all.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Gary K

USA
270 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2013 :  12:19:38  Show Profile
Hi
I'm currently in Houston Texas on holiday. That is ware the car is located. I was planning on looking at the car sometime today if the dealer is open. He was not open earlier this week. Will ask about the two Items. I was interested on how the upholstery was done on the rear seat. I do not know the dealer or the owner of the car.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2013 :  18:23:33  Show Profile
Does it not also have a PB dash and grill?
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2013 :  23:47:25  Show Profile
It has indeed. But then my PA had the rad slats when I bought her & it's just as easy to fit the PB dash.

I now notice that the wing nuts for the front attachment of the front sidescreens are T Type ones &, bizarrely, although the N/S exterior door handle is correctly fitted, the O/S one points forward! Easily corrected of course as with the dash & rad shell.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Gary K

USA
270 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2013 :  01:53:04  Show Profile
Hi
I looked at the car today. It is at a dealer that flips car. He purchased the car from a person in Florida USA. It looks like he applied fresh paint over a very old restoration. Trying to cover up its imperfections.
As you can see it has very very many things that are incorrect. I wanted to see how the interior was done. I did not take any photos because I was in a very poor quality. Not very original either.

The dealer said the ID plate from a TC was used because an original style was not available during the restoration in the UK, Quite a while back. The over stamping on the block was done in the UK also.

The chrome was not the best.
I do not know what a four seat PA should sell for in this condition.

Gary

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2013 :  11:37:20  Show Profile
The 2013 printed Triple-M Register shows PA1902 as a 4 seater,it has an early Register number 489 and the last information in 1971 showed the car as being in New Zealand.

The PA Ian Willis has restored, as photographed above, is PA1232,Registration AEL465;when purchased it was very original right down to having such rare items as the original side screens etc.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000