Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 imperial Nuts and Bolts
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickj

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2013 :  01:32:11  Show Profile
Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but could be of interest to someone, during the re-build of my L2 I found a local shop who had a large stock of imperial nuts and bolts, but now due to requiring the storage space and low sales of imperial fixings, they have a large quaintly that they are going to scr@p, but the owner would prefer to work out a deal with someone and not scr@p them

If there is anyone is interested let me know and I can put you in contact with the owner, they have already got rid of a lot of brass imperial screws,nuts and blots as scr@pe.

They want to free up space early in the New Year

Regards

Nick

Orstin

United Kingdom
637 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2013 :  08:18:05  Show Profile
I would imagine you have been contacted off-line already by some of the 60 people who have seen this post before me, but if that's not the case, please get in touch and we'll see what we can do..

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

i.thomson

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2013 :  10:39:44  Show Profile
I would be interested in what is actually meant by the term "imperial". Most people, in my experience, who use this term seem to mean that "ancient" standard UNF without any real knowledge that it is derived from the American SAE standard. Such people tend to look at me strangely when I point out that the even more ancient (and in my opinion better) standard BSF/BSW is the real imperial standard as it is the British Empire which is being alluded to.

Regards
Ian Thomson
Go to Top of Page

rossk

United Kingdom
495 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2013 :  12:57:03  Show Profile
Nick same her email sent.

Ross Keeling

Edited by - rossk on 28/12/2013 12:57:40
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic