Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Chassis Colours
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ross Kelly

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  12:04:56  Show Profile
Hi All,
Did the factory paint the chassis always black or were other colours used?
Cheers
Ross Kelly

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  15:18:19  Show Profile
Bob Farnum who had J2370 ARF272 was convinced that his car was shown on the MG stand at an annual London Motor show - don't know which year.
His chassis was a white or creamy white colour, which Bob faithfully kept to when he restored the car.
Bob retired home to California some years ago - I believe his son now has the car.
Go to Top of Page

MIKEB

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  15:32:28  Show Profile
Not triple M I know but my 1949 TC - one of the last five built (10248) had a body coloured chassis (cream). Presumably this was to help sell the last few cars when the TD was entering the showroom. My car LTC 999 was sold on December 16 1949.
Mike
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  15:39:27  Show Profile
The Chassis of MGJ2 J2353 was definately black. Mike Bird ( who dismantled the car in about 1980 ) has made reference in his notes about the chassis being black.The car was previously original and unrestored before then.

Chris ( J2353 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2014 :  10:38:16  Show Profile
War-time photos of PA 603 show a black chassis, at an age when the car was unlikely to have been re-painted. It was and is a black car with green upholstery..

What is also noticeable is that the brake drums are clearly visible as being finished in a different colour, even on a b/w photograph. This query has been raised before by others, but we are told that the factory used only black.

Bob.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000